Media Scheduling Lead
Through the use of a wide range of highly effective on-air tactics and ROI-based planning techniques, person responsible for Marketing Media & Scheduling takes charge of efforts to drive viewer sampling and tune-in for a large number of NFLN and NFL Digital initiatives. He/She is responsible for the strategy, scheduling and execution of several Network media and NFL Digital assets including on-air promotions scheduling, partner agreements (i.e., CBS, NBC, Twitter), NFL Institutional Media campaigns (in conjunction with NFL counterparts), VOD, televised digital assets (i.e., Eisen Show, RedZone Fantasy) and select international assets.
The position is accountable for effectively communicating the content, viewer value proposition and day-date time tune-in to NFL Network and NFL Digital programming.
Work is reviewed from both a long-term and short-term perspective and against objectives, budget and schedules. This hire will translate approved objectives into work plans and procedures. The will enforces policies and recommend adjustments. The will also negotiate to gain cooperation for resources that directly affect the function’s performance.
- Develop on-air promotional strategy, and plans to support programming and marketing priorities, utilizing all available metrics and business intelligence.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal partners on the appropriate planning and use of NFL-controlled media assets (i.e., institutional, Broadcast network contractual agreements, in-store monitors).
- Serve as in-house Media Planner or Buyer.
- Coordinate closely with key members of the Marketing department to develop work orders, deliverables, deadlines and asset delivery/traffic instructions.
- Secure, confirm and report proper delivery of all assets to appropriate destinations.
- Implement and schedule daily on-air promotions plans and logs using MSA/Gabriel and EMS/GripIt scheduling and database software.
- Manage current promo inventory within Gabriel/GripIt Library databases.
- Maintain archive of on-air promotion campaign plans, as-run reports and spot inventories.
- Create deliverable charts/grids for on-air promotional campaigns for Thursday Night Football and other live events (i.e.,Combine/Draft).
- Minimum 5+ years marketing media planning/buying and/or promo scheduling.
- Experience using ratings and other research to help determine buying/scheduling strategies.
- Strong experience with Neilsen software including NPower preferred.
- Expertise with MSA/Gabriel and EMS/GripIt software and systems (or comparable Traffic/Scheduling software) a plus.
- Experience serving as both strategic and executional role.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to take and follow direction with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Proficient with Excel and Powerpoint.
Must have unquestioned integrity. The individual must share the company’s values of teamwork, extraordinary commitment to consumers.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top