Marketing and Brand Manager, Consumer Products
The Consumer Products team is seeking a Manager to play a key role in its Brand & Marketing team. The Consumer Products team deepens fan connection to the NFL and the Clubs through product and partnerships, thus elevating brands, growing the passion, and driving revenue. The group comprises five mains groups: Licensing, Onfield, Gaming, Brand & Marketing and Retail. The Brand & Marketing group works closely internally with PR, Brand, Legal, Marketing, Sponsorship, and Social, and externally with licensees, retailers, vendors, and agencies.
The Manager will be a core member of the Brand & Marketing team, reporting to CP Director of Marketing and driving CP's marketing strategy across products and channels. Key responsibilities include leading hardgoods marketing, driving CP lifestyle social media, and overseeing club retail relationships, as well as serving as the brand steward for all creative and marketing material.
- The Marketing and Brand Manager works to speak directly to fan segments, thereby 1) increasing NFL fandom and engagement through product, 2) grow social conversations and interactions by increasing followers on CP social channels and 3) ensure long-term value in NFL marks to ensure continued revenue growth.
- Set and execute hardgoods marketing strategy to continue sales growth of Homegating and also market emerging product categories like tailgating and pet products. Work towards given budget and identify advertising and PR strategy to reach new demographic and meet sales goals.
- Manage social agency and lead social media posts, chats, contest and online activations for NFL Pinterest account and @NFLFanStyle across Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Increase social engagement and following on social accounts by releasing content on a timely basis that speaks to fans' needs. Collaborate with licensing and sponsorship partners over content and amplification efforts.
- Lead Club retail by providing financial reports, moderating roundtable discussions, organizing conference calls, and sending newsletter updates. Also integrate with Club Business Development's Fan Experience Observer Program and create other best-practice sharing forums to provide qualitative learnings to increase team revenue and optimize fan experience.
- Manage retail and calendar events approval process to adhere to League and CP values, including stronger Brand Presentation and Player Health & Safety regulations in consumer-facing creative material. Also advocate for CP and licensee interests internally.
- Leverage assets across the League and partners, including NFL social, institutional media, NFLShop, NFL Network and Sponsorship, to amplify CP marketing initiatives that drive both royalty revenue and League-wide fan-engagement goals.
- Work closely with EA, CP Licensing and Marketing to drive Madden business through content and marketing oversight, including through marketing efforts for raising fan participation in Madden Competitive Gaming Series.
- Identify and evaluate long-term CP business development opportunities, including new technology in the retail industry and product marketplace
- Help analyze demographic consumer and fan segmentation research and how it can be applied to improve CP strategy and increase revenue.
Key Knowledge & Other Skills:
- BA/BS is required
- Social media competency
- Interest in licensing and retail business
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft suite of products required
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and time-management skills
- Effective communication skills to work across the organization and outside parties
- Ability to work and lead internal (PR, Legal, Brand, etc.) and external parties (licensees, agencies, vendors, etc.) on projects
- Strong work ethic combined with a "team-first" mentality
- Solid communication skills, including ability to articulate concepts, ask insightful questions and deliver clear messages internally and to partners
- Ability to manage time effectively and to drive multiple projects forward at once.
- Unwavering commitment to honest and ethical business interactions
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top