Managing Editor - Curation Lead
NFL Media is currently seeking a highly talented managing editor / curation lead who will help conceive and bring to life imaginative content and disruptive ideas designed to grow and engage targeted audiences across social and digital platforms on behalf of the NFL.
This individual must have a passion for and comprehensive understanding of the NFL, its Clubs and Players, and football as a whole. A thirst for pop-culture, sports, entertainment and music and the ability to excite fans through content across all digital formats are essential. The successful candidate will have experience at a professional sports or news organization, superior news judgment, and be obsessed with figuring out what people are sharing, liking, recommending, and talking about online.
This is a role for someone who can identify interesting conversations about football wherever they are happening, regardless of platform, and turn it into meaningful editorial for NFL.com.
- Effectively identify, curate and package made-for-social stories using data and judgement for distribution on NFL Media properties -- including NFL.com and NFL social channels
- Work with a team of digital content creators -- writers, designers and social producers -- to produce original social and digital content
- Oversee day-to-day growth and operations for offshoot of NFL.com -- including coordination with the NFL Media News desk to gather and verify social content
- Assist in the development of the voice and tone for major projects including the launch of new social accounts and promotional campaigns, etc.
- Evaluate and interpret performance analytics for the purposes of designing fan and follower growth strategies and engagement level improvements
- Monitor best practices and trends in organic and branded social media content
- Write short and long-form copy in the defined voice and tone of each social media account, across all platforms, including emerging platforms
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell news stories across NFL Media's social and digital channels
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top