Manager, Social Media and Public Relations
The manager of social media and public relations will work directly with the VP and SVP of Communications to devise and implement a digital and social media communications strategy for key NFL initiatives including, but not limited to, NFL business initiatives, marketing and events, social responsibility programs, health and safety programs, player engagement and retired player programs.
- Serve as a lead contact for social media platforms with whom the NFL Communications group maintains relationships
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Strategic Leader: The successful candidate will think and act strategically as a valued member of the communications department and other NFL units. He/she will proactively develop creative communications strategies that reflects and promotes the NFL's various initiatives.
- Innovator: Act proactively to identify and promote NFL priorities. He/she will employ cutting edge communications tools and strategies -- including direct to fan-- to help promote these initiatives.
- Trusted Advisor: He/she will serve as a credible PR resource to media affiliates and partners, NFL clubs, league executives, and other external outlets.
- An individual with intense and dedicated work habits. Someone who takes initiative, speaks his/her mind, and sets high standards in all he/she does.
- An individual comfortable working in a diverse environment.
- A creative, imaginative individual who has the business acumen, curiosity and ability to define innovative strategy and deliver against it.
- A person with the highest moral and ethical standards, who can be relied upon to always act in the best long-term interests of the League.
Expected Hours of Work:
- This is an exempt-level position and will require frequent work on nights, weekends and holidays.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top