Manager, Fan Development & Marketing
The NFL Fan Development & Marketing Department serves as the lead marketing hub for all things NFL Fan, putting the consumer at the center of everything we do across the organization. Our mission is to know what inspires and motivates existing, emerging, and new fans, and harness those insights to build deep connections with them now and into the future in order to best position the NFL for explosive long-term growth both in the U.S. and internationally.
In this highly dynamic role, the Manager, Men’s & Women’s Marketing, will play a lead role in amplifying the NFL’s reach, relevance, and popularity with male and female fans ages 13+, and serve as a lead voice for the fan segments across the organization and with external partners. This person will be responsible for building and driving the NFL’s marketing strategy and dedicated activations in growing male and female fan engagement and avidity year-round, through innovative marketing initiatives, platforms, content, and partnerships.
To be successful, this candidate will build extensive expertise in the category, consistently educating the Fan Development team, other NFL Departments, and 32 NFL Clubs about the fan segment and relevant dynamics. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for developing insight-driven marketing platforms that span football, events, lifestyle, music, and entertainment to effectively reach and engage the key audiences in breakthrough ways. This candidate must have a passion for both the analytical and creative sides of marketing, think ‘big’, thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic atmosphere, and be the ultimate team player with a positive attitude. In addition, one must be able to analyze research, data, and consumer insights regularly, and assist in the development of comprehensive marketing and messaging briefs, promotional assets, programs/events, social and digital media initiatives, and content to more deeply engage these consumer segments year-round. Throughout, s/he will be extensively insights-driven, leveraging consumer and industry analytics to identify new business and brand opportunities for the NFL and its partners and be able to work cross-organizationally to maximize them.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive and execute dedicated NFL Marketing activations geared toward strategically growing the fan segment year-round
- Manage the implementation of all related marketing activations from end-to-end
- Establish and track key metrics to consistently analyze activation performance
- Serve as the day-to-day marketing agency liaison on behalf of the fan segment(s) where applicable to generate and execute agreed upon strategies
- Work closely with Men’s & Women’s Marketing lead to manage annual marketing budgets for the segment(s)
- Work closely with Research, CRM, Digital/Social Media, Entertainment Marketing, Creative, Brand, PR, and other key internal stakeholders to comprehensively monitor and evaluate the performance of marketing strategies
- Serve as a lead ‘voice of the consumer’ for both fan segment(s) across the NFL, its Clubs, and its partners
- Communicate the NFL Marketing Department’s fan segment strategy and portfolio of assets across the organization
- Consistently educate NFL departments, Clubs, and external partners about the fan segment, relevant insights, behavioral trends, and associated business opportunities
- Collect, synthesize and share best practices from the sport, media, event, and broader consumer marketing landscape tied to the segment(s)
This role will report into the Men’s & Women’s Fan Segment lead.
Back to top