Instructional Designer/Curriculum Developer
The NFL currently has a 6 month contract assignment available to lead the design of our leadership development program curriculum. Will be responsible for the design and development of a fully integrated program that drives high-quality learning content through a blended-learning approach.
- Partner with management and subject matter experts to determine training needs in the organization.
- Develop high-quality, performance-focused and engaging learning content using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods.
- Development of all training materials, including presentations, facilitator and participant guides, glossaries, tools, practice tests, support aids, online tutorials, and other materials to meet identified needs
- Design assessments to ensure learner understanding and application. Establish sustainment approaches to ensure maintenance and on-going application of learning
- Establish methodology and metrics to monitor and evaluate program and participant success
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Training, Communications, Organizational Development, Adult Learning, Instructional Design or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 8+ years experience in designing, developing, planning, implementing and assessing training in a fast-paced organization
- Demonstrated experience developing instructor-led (both classroom and virtual) and self-paced eLearning courseware, job aids, online tutorials and print-based materials
- Proven experience establishing assessments and evaluation methodologies to measure participant learning and performance impact
- Experience using measurement and evaluation strategies to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of learning solutions on performance
- Proven visual design skills; able to create images and graphics that support and enhance learning content; eye for detail
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated expertise in development using eLearning tools such as Captivate or Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Willing and able to travel as the job demands
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Excellent collaboration skills with ability to build productive relationships
- Results oriented and able to organize and independently manage projects
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills to plan and manage project and ensure it is delivered on time and within budget
- Ability to analyze and utilize data in program design
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; superior skill in thoroughly explaining concepts in plain language
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
- Ability work to manage through ambiguity
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Proven influencing skills at all levels in an organization
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top