Head of Gaming & eSports
NFL's Head of Gaming & eSports will lead the strategic planning, partner management and execution of the League's gaming efforts across all platforms, including console and mobile games, eSports/competitive gaming and new business development. This person will drive a number of the League's key franchises, including NFL Madden, towards achieving commercial and fan engagement objectives.
- Work closely with key gaming partners to develop and achieve financial plans and KPIs
- Monitor on-going performance of licensing partnerships with key gaming licensees. Proactively identify both opportunities for improved performance and potential operating challenges.
- Work closely with partners to develop marketing plans across digital and traditional media, including utilizing NFL-controlled media to optimize marketing mix.
- Drive best-in-class reporting and analytics from League licensees, including identifying most relevant KPI's and optimizing reporting workflows
- Aggressively drive eSports/competitive gaming efforts from conception to implementation, in partnership with gaming licensees, NFL teams, and media partners.
- Identify and execute new business development opportunities across all gaming platforms and mechanics
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with gaming licensees, NFL Clubs and third parties, involving colleagues from other relevant departments, to explore any new effective way to drive improved fan
- Manage physical-to-digital migrations of consumer demand with key licensees, and communicate major trends and learnings internally.Build, manage and maintain relationships with gaming licensees, NFL Clubs and third parties, involving colleagues from other relevant departments, to explore any new effective way to drive improved fan experiences, generate high-margin NFL revenue, and maximize partnership across the League.
- Ensure compliance to processes, deliverables, and data reporting, and that quality standards and timelines are met.
- Monitor industry trends, identify best practices of competing sports and gaming properties, and use this information to drive innovation among the League's partner base.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related or technology field (advanced degree is a plus), along with a proven track record of success
- A minimum of ten (10) years of prior work experience, with at least seven (7) years of experience in gaming or a related sector
- Understanding of trends and business drivers in gaming and eSports, including key players, business models and marketing approaches
- Intellectual flexibility to reconsider historical approaches in business models in the context of the rapid evolution of the digital landscape
- Highly analytical person who gets excited by the power of data and makes decisions and influences others based on empirical evidence
- Proven experience in managing and mentoring team members to drive personal/professional growth and product success
- High-energy, active approach in both managing/pushing existing partners to success and identifying new opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver aggressive KPIs in defined timeframes
- Strategic thinker who can effectively make the case for taking calculated risk
- Familiarity with licensing contracts and/or partnership management a plus
Back to top