Global Security Operations Center Director
The NFL Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Director is responsible for monitoring worldwide events and news that may affect the league. The GSOC is the primary point of contact for all emergencies and security incidents. The Director will be responsible for coordinating and communicating a timely and appropriate response impacting the NFL's venues, fans, players, staff and infrastructure.
- The Director, Global Security Operations Center will provide senior leadership and expertise across all aspects of the NFL's effort to monitor threats from terrorism and criminal matters, collect intelligence, perform impact analysis and report to key decision makers and stakeholders.
- Identify and develop security programs to protect the most valuable assets of the NFL, to include critical business activities, physical infrastructure, human resources, intellectual property and business relationships.
- Develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize and optimize threat monitoring operations methods and tools to reduce analysis and reporting times and increase security, availability, service agility, and global synergy across all NFL equities.
- Establish best-practice methodologies for incident/change/problem management in a global, 24-hour, high-volume, high-availability, critical production environment.
- Develop and drive the development of innovative threat reporting operations processes and tools from concept to delivery with a focus on the latest innovations, virtualization and big data.
- Provide executive leadership to manage demands from projects and technology upgrades, including recommendations for vendor tools/solutions and global alignment of networks.
- Oversee operations projects including budgeting, planning, implementation, maintenance, administration, staffing and logistics.
- Keen understanding of budgets and financials, and measuring business value via leading-edge metrics.
- Mentor, manage and motivate a high-performing team of senior managers/analysts and/or senior professionals and set clear priorities to achieve department goals.
- Manage oversight of complex security operations processes based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
- Support adoption of new technologies and tools, and recommend capability improvements to threat analysis and reporting operations.
- Work closely with the Chief Information Security Officer to ensure that information security and risk management are embedded within the culture, requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets.
- Drive coordination, consensus and execution to mitigate cyber risk issues and emerging threats.
- Determine need for new products and systems based on budget, NFL needs, and improvements in technology.
- Analyze from a cost, capacity, and forecast perspective, and evaluate new security communications operations technologies and applications.
- Develop strategic roadmaps to ensure security communications goals are met.
- Develop, implement, and periodically reevaluate policies and procedures for GSOC operations
- Effectively monitor current events and open sources for information effecting the league at large
- Serve as the primary point of contact and first responder for league staff involving all safety and security incidents
- Coordinate a timely and concise incident response with law enforcement, league/club security, and other relevant league departments
- Produce reports, to include briefings, for executive staff and appropriate league personnel
- Manage operations center personnel, vendors, and contractors
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Advanced degree preferred (Masters / JD).
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an operations center
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A high level of analytical and broad software application based skills
- Strong troubleshooting, testing and software tool comparison experience
- Experience with leveraging multiple sources of information for problem solving
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Working knowledge of news reporting sources and real-time monitoring of current events
- Excellent grasp of current social media platforms and trends
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a professional, calm demeanor when in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively multi-task and perform in emergencies
- Proven track record as a strong communicator -- written and oral presentations, capable of creating detailed written reports
- Sound judgment
- Proficiency in the use of investigative databases
- Must be able to deal effectively with different types of people, at all levels of internal and external organizations
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Manage contract and full-time analysts and staff
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time
- This position will have little travel, anticipated 10%
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position with work on weekends, evenings, and special events
Back to top