The NFL Network is seeking experienced freelance field producers to assist in the newsgathering process in a fast paced, multi-platform 24/7 network dedicated to the NFL. The ideal candidates will have at least 7+ years of field experience, preferably covering professional sports. Candidates must be self-motivated, work well under tight deadlines and be able to make sound decisions during breaking news situation.
Potential candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in breaking news situations
- Must be able to work independently and communicate clear and concise instructions
- Must have sound editorial judgment and the ability to work with correspondents and show producers in formulating daily news stories for broadcast
- Ability to develop, execute and oversee coverage plans as well as manage multiple camera crews and correspondents * Working knowledge of all facets of field operations
- Strong technical knowledge with all forms of transmission including satellite, fiber and broadband
- Must be able to cultivate and maintain working relationship with newsmakers and PR staffs
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- 7+ years field producing experience in a top 10 market or national media organization
- Proven track record of field producing for both spot news and large scale events
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to the NFL and its 32 teams is a must
- Must be able to travel on short notice and work weekends and evenings
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top