Employee Relations Lead
The Employee Relations Leader for NFL Media will work closely with business leaders and the human resources team to provide strategic human resources counsel to the NFL Network and NFL Digital Media business areas. This individual will be responsible for managing employee relations issues and implementing and overseeing workplace investigations, policies and procedures on the West Coast.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help establish a positive and engaging workplace culture by effectively managing employee relations matters.
- Create, enforce and train staff on NFL best practices for workplace policies and HR procedures.
- Ensure a diversity lens is applied to all employment policies and decisions.
- Prepare, coach and guide HR Generalists, managers and employees on performance management techniques, including delivery of performance feedback and following a progressive discipline methodology.
- Partner and collaborate with legal, compliance and/or audit departments to promote respect and integrity in the workplace and to respond to employee relations concerns, as needed, including investigating and responding to workplace complaints.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior management addressing complex personnel issues with a diverse and varied workforce. Oversee smooth implementation of agreed upon solutions.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on all categories of CA state and federal employment regulations and policies, including all wage and hour matters, administration of employee leave and benefits matters including medical, personal, FMLA, and others, as applicable.
- Oversee variety of employee classifications, such as full-time, seasonal, freelance and vendors.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on issues surrounding pre-employment process, including background check information, interview guidelines, and personnel records.
- Develop positive business relationships with employees and key executive stakeholders through ensuring that employee relations issues are addressed in a comprehensive and collaborative manner to yield agreed upon results.
- Individual must exhibit the highest integrity and professional standards at all time.
- Provide practical, problem solving, even-handed solutions while serving as a trusted and confidential unit within the HR department with an open door to all employees.
- J.D. degree and CA employment law experience strongly preferred and/or 10+ years HR employee Relations experience with an emphasis on providing day-to-day advice as well as resolving complex employee relations issues in a confidential manner
- Previous work experience in or with the media/entertainment/television industry
- Proven ability to partner with leaders at all levels to provide effective and strategic employee relations counsel
- Extensive working knowledge of CA state employment laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top