Responsible for leadership and ownership of the NFL Digital Media Technology Roadmap. Has direct
ownership over Planning processes and governance; the creation, maintenance, automation, rollups and communication of the technology roadmap; cross-functional alignment of initiative planning
assumptions across NFL Digital Media. This position will be responsible for managing the PMO function as a managed (outsourced) service. He/She will be responsible for reporting on organizational variances to approved plans and facilitate the process to course correct or adjust plans accordingly.
- Oversee and directly manage the PMO function as a managed service.
- Cross-functional and organization wide roll ups of NFL Digital Media initiatives, staffing forecasts
and project health assessments for executive level review.
- Collaborates with Operational Senior Leadership to ensure that forecasts and timeframes are in
alignment with company strategy, necessary business rules and operational conditions
- Investigate and identify opportunities to streamline the SDLC processes and eliminate
redundancy across the NFL Digital Media organization.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Product and Engineering executives, who’s responsibilities
include delivery of digital products and services across a variety of platforms.
- In-depth working knowledge of a variety of planning and project management tools (e.g. Jira,
Confluence, Basecamp, MS Project) and other desktop or web based programs used to
warehouse, track, and analyze project data.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ Hands on project management experience, preferably in digital media industry.
- In-depth working knowledge of different SDLC methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Iterative, Agile,
- Requires someone with great interpersonal and leadership skills to influence changes and
strategy with other lines of business
- Ability to ensure common models and approaches are being used consistently across the
- Requires the ability to identify when assumptions are not in sync between businesses
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 10+ years working in the digital media space
- 3+ years experience managing a portfolio of digital products.
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence and collaborate with others
- A high-level of quantitative proficiency
- Knowledge of strategic planning in modern IT practices which includes balanced orchestration in
trade-off analysis among business values, technical advancement, risk mitigation, and timely
delivery of projects.
- In-depth knowledge of new and/or emerging technologies and the ability to understand the
implementation of cutting edge technology and how it impacts business processes and systems.
- Knowledge of architecture and engineering principles, techniques, terminology as they relate to
the development of design and construction documents in the area of building IT systems and
- Serve as the main point of contact for the managed service provider of the PMO function.
- Provide day-to-day support for the deployed managed service providers (7-15 people).
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top