Director, Media Operations
Reporting to Director, Studio Operations and Production Management; the Director, Media Operations will have a very solid, hands-on, working knowledge of studio facility operations management. Candidate should also have a strong engineering background in order to ensure all technical facility requirements are met and, along with engineering management, have the ability to resolve all technical and operational problems. This candidate will also interact closely with Remote Operations to ensure proper oversight of master transmission plan for NFL Media live events including, but not limited to Thursday Night Football, NFL Draft coverage and Total Access on Location. Candidate will also have responsibility to manage relationships and create operational workflows with Operations, NFL Films, Master Control, NFL Media Production Management and Team Cam Operations to ensure all show objectives are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
¨ Is a working supervisor that carries out more daily complex technical duties and troubleshoots issues.
¨ Manages the daily activities of those groups implementing technical production activities.
¨ Translates approved objectives into work plans and procedures.
¨ Schedules ongoing training for personnel while maintaining operational proficiency in all areas.
¨ Adjusts, when necessary, daily schedules of personnel and equipment to meet the production needs.
¨ Reviews mid to long-term production schedules to ensure that resources are available for upcoming shows and productions.
¨ Along with engineering management, identifies and implements standard operating procedures intended to ensure facility and personnel work at peak efficiency.
¨ Manage and track operational budgets for TOC operations.
¨ Enforces policies and recommends adjustments.
¨ Integrates use of new technologies and procedures into the technical operations area.
- Minimum 10 years overall broadcast operations experience in a major market, national network or large scale cable/satellite provider.
- Strong background in television studio and remote production required.
- Strong understanding of fiber and satellite signal paths required.
- Intimate knowledge of individual roles and responsibilities for each member of the Technical Operations team (i.e. TOC, Ingest, Tape/Playback, etc.) and Production teams (i.e. Control Room & Stage Personnel)
- Master control management experience preferred.
- Hands-on and/or working knowledge of systems/equipment used in functions identified above, including analog/digital video/audio signals, HD and monitoring equipment
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and computer skill
- Ability to be both a leader and a team player and to influence while building relationships.
- An effective communicator internally across departments and with external partners.
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional prioritizing, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- The successful candidate will not only roll up his/her sleeves to address and resolve issues, but will bring fresh thinking to the Operations Department.
- The candidate will possess superior creative, analytical, communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Success in cultivating collaborative relationship with both internal and external constituencies.
- Ability for some travel when required.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top