Director, Business Development
The Director, Business Development will report to the VP of Business Development. This role is responsible for leading outreach with the goal of securing new, strategic, blue-chip sponsor partnerships for the NFL. The position will be supported by a Manager and Coordinator. The Director will work closely with the Partnership Management, Media Sales, Marketing and other key internal groups as dictated by prospect opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess advanced knowledge of the sponsorship marketplace and key contacts within it
- Possess the ability to detect trends in the marketplace in order to identify new prospects
- Lead outreach for prospective sponsors work with VP to develop/institute best in class processes for entire team
- Exhibit dynamic presentation and communication skills
- Develop a deep understanding of the NFL brand and the type of partnerships that align with our objectives and strategy
- Foster internal relationships to connect new business initiatives across the league
- Support the development of key initiatives across markets
- Contribute to marketing strategies as they align with new business development relationships and ensure consistency
The finalist candidate would be able to operate in a dynamic environment managing multiple work streams across broad disciplines. The successful candidate will require strong commercial skills with a good understanding of the sponsorship discipline as it relates to media, ideally sports media. He/she must have good financial and analytical skills and be adept at prioritizing in a dynamic environment.
The finalist candidate must also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and deliver a collaborative approach to the business issues at hand.
- Increased revenues, increased quality of client mix and increase in number of clients directly aligned with NFL priorities
- Significant increase in fan bases across core focus markets through consistent and proven activation
- Best in class Business Development team with strong relationships across Brands, Agencies, Clubs, International NFL offices and other properties
Back to top