Digital Content Editor
The Digital Content Editor is responsible for selecting, prioritizing, editing and posting content of all types (text, video, photo, etc.) in a fast-paced, deadline environment, mindful of NFL Media editorial and stylistic standards.
- Train and directly oversee seasonal, contracted and part-time digital content producers, making story assignments and ensuring all content is grammatically correct, factually accurate and consistent with NFL Media’s editorial policies.
- Display leadership as key voice in all news decisions on the website.
- Monitor wire feeds, social media, and other outside sources to ensure the latest NFL news is represented on NFL.com.
- React quickly to breaking news to coordinate breaking news language for the website, mobile app, and, as needed, NFL Network Ticker.
- Juggle multiple responsibilities during breaking news environment and communicate effectively with writer and NFL Network counterparts to make sure NFL Digital content plan is clear and concise.
- Work with NFL Digital writers and NFL Network reporters in the field. Work with reporters on stories on information, sourcing, etc.
- Communicate with NFL Network counterparts to ensure coverage is consistent across all media platforms.
- Demonstrate news judgment in editing and story selection consistent with NFL Media’s editorial policies.
- Help manage the news-based social media accounts to ensure stories make most social impact and information is displayed creatively to capitalize user engagement.
- Re-write or re-work news reports to blend information from multiple sources in adherence to NFL Media editorial policies.
- Prioritize editing queue in-line with the daily content plan but informed by data provided by real-time metrics.
- Execute home-page content plan, while also making independent and well-reasoned decisions based on real-time metrics and common sense.
- Monitor NFL Network Ticker to ensure information is displayed consistent with NFL Media style.
- Monitor wire feeds and other outside sources, including social media, to ensure the latest NFL news is represented on NFL Digital and NFL Network.
- Responsible for supervision of freelance and/or seasonal employees
Expected Hours of Work:
- 9am — 6pm, plus overtime
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top