Digital Content Editor
The NFL Digital Media Group is seeking an editor and newsroom leader responsible for creating and editing content on TheCheckdown.com, and helping manage the site's home page.
- Select, prioritize, edit and post content of all types (text, video, photo, etc.) in a fast-paced, deadline environment, mindful of TheCheckdown.com editorial and stylistic standards and in keeping with SEO best-practices
- Execute home-page content plan, while also making independent and well-reasoned decisions based on real-time metrics and common sense
- Adjust home page creatively to present users a compelling and engaging content mix, particularly when this requires deviation from existing content plan
- Think and react quickly to breaking news so the home page is always up to date and coordinated with NFLN Ticker and Network Now news updates
- Demonstrate news judgment in editing and story selection consistent with NFL.com's editorial policies
- Prioritize editing queue in-line with the daily content plan but informed by data provided by real-time metrics
- Monitor wire feeds and other outside sources, including social media, to ensure the latest NFL news is represented on the site
- Ensure all content is grammatically correct and factually accurate
- Ensure writing style used is consistent with NFL.com's editorial policies
- Re-write or re-work news reports to blend information from multiple sources in adherence to NFL.com's editorial policies
- Pull together reaction to breaking news stories from various sources
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top