Coordinator, Internal Audit
Assist in the coordination of audit activities through facilitation and stewardship of regular staff meetings. Responsible for creating/maintaining deliverables to monitor department work status and key performance indicators. Supports the internal audit activity in key planning and wrap-up efforts. Participates in set-up and execution of audit test plans for business administration activities for internal audits of League operations. Act as a system administrator for automated work paper solution and handle key interfaces with internal and external users. Manage certain responsibilities as a custodian of the department’s document retention process. Provides administrative support to logistical planning for staff travel, invoice review and validation of third-party services and is responsible for coordinating meeting requests for department leadership and staff.
- Input, format and check data in Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Organize and maintain hardcopy and electronic files for the department.
- Research documents maintained in electronic applications such as the company’s payables system, NFL intranet site, etc.
- Assist staff with routine audit-related tasks (e.g., sending audit engagement notifications, quality assurance, report distribution, etc.)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual tracking reports for department expenses and similar items.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for meetings, presentations and correspondence.
- Answer, route and schedule telephone calls.
- Coordinate, schedule and make appointments using Microsoft Outlook.
- Read and route incoming hardcopy mail. Send work papers and other items to audit staff working at outside locations.
- Copy, scan and distribute materials, both hardcopy and electronic.
- Arrange travel and manage/coordinate the group’s travel schedules.
- Organize and prepare travel reimbursement/expense reports.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Complete vacation reporting for Audit and Controller’s department employees.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Act as a systems administrator for automated work paper solution.
- Support testing of standard business administrative processes (e.g., disbursements, T&E)
- Assist in audit follow-up activities.
- Coordinate the NFL’s quarterly certification process, i.e., sending out, receiving back and tracking management certification letters each quarter.
- Coordinate weekly status meetings for department work effort and distribute status reports to Audit Leadership.
- Manage timekeeping system for Internal Audit staff (in Microsoft Excel). Prepare monthly reports of staff utilization.
- Prepare quarterly reports of audit findings.
Special Skills / Abilities Required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office XP, advanced Word and Excel skills, strong PowerPoint skills a plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy; efficient and effective
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Exceptional organization, initiative, prioritization
- Professional, focused communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative approach, teamwork oriented
- Sensitivity to information security and confidentiality
- Sense of ownership and accountability for assigned tasks
- Overtime, when necessary
All NFL employees, up to and including Executive Management
Various member club personnel, including club Executives, CFOs, etc.
Subcontracted auditors (KPMG, RMA, CAA)
The NFL’s external auditor/independent accountant (Deloitte & Touche)
Minimal travel to support the internal audit activity
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top