Broadcast Systems Engineer
This position is responsible for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and repair of broadcast production equipment and systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast Engineering environment.
Have full understanding of technical facilities, complex broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast Engineering environment
- Ability to rapidly diagnose problems, and provide alternative solutions if needed to maintain production deadlines
- Ability to comprehend complex concepts and workflows
- Participate and contribute to the design, development and deployment of complex broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast Engineering environment
- Participate and contribute to the training and ongoing education of Production personnel in the operation of equipment and systems
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment for installation/maintenance when required
- The employee must be able to work evening, weekend and/or overnight shifts.
- The employee may be required to work a flexible rotating 24/7 shift.
Skills -- Broadcast
Strong technical experience and exposure to broadcast television production equipment, both standard and high definition, including tape, drive and memory based video recorders, production switchers, routers, cameras, transmission and encoding equipment
- Strong knowledge of television systems engineering
- Knowledge of design, documentation and integration of complex broadcast television systems, with a strong focus on broadcast style data centers
Skills -- Computer/Storage/Networking/Applications
Knowledge of Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier editing systems as well as StorNext, Xsan and Avid Isis SAN environments
- Knowledge of Apple OS X client and server operating systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft client and server operating systems
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Knowledge of advanced production applications such as those used for transcoding (Telestream Episode Engine and Vantage) high speed file transfer (Signiant and Aspera) media asset management (Interplay, Fork and CatDV) graphics (Adobe Creative Suite and VizRT)
- Knowledge of Cisco networking, firewall and DCM equipment
- Knowledge of high performance SAN and NAS storage systems
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Visio and other concept and documentation applications
- Knowledge of IPV4 and IPV6
- Knowledge of industry standard data security best practices (i.e. ISO27001)
- Knowledge of SNMP and network monitoring programs (i.e. Nagios, Solar Winds)
- Knowledge of log monitoring programs
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX
Skills -- General
Strong communication skills
- Ability to express complex concepts verbally and in written documentation
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and motivation
- Ability to maintain knowledge of technology and industry trends
Work in a large television production facility, in a department that supports numerous entities around the organization, across the country. Ability to perform functions under tight time constraints is critical to this position.
A minimum 5 years experience utilizing the aforementioned skill set in day-to-day support of a broadcast television production facility. Primary focus during this work experience should have been designing, building and supporting large, complex LAN and WAN environments.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top