Broadcast Systems Engineer
This position is responsible for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and repair of broadcast production equipment and systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast Engineering environment. The primary focus would be file transcoding workflows, storage management and software based editing systems.
- Have full understanding of technical facilities, complex broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast Engineering environment
- Ability to rapidly diagnose problems, and provide alternative solutions if needed to maintain production deadlines
- Ability to comprehend complex concepts and workflows
- Participate and contribute to the design, development and deployment of complex broadcast production equipment systems
- Participate and contribute to the training and ongoing education of Production personnel in the operation of equipment and systems
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment for installation/maintenance when required
- The employee must be able to work evening, weekend, overnight and/or holiday shifts .
- The employee may be required to work a flexible rotating 24/7 shift.
Skills -- Broadcast
- Strong technical experience and exposure to broadcast television production equipment, both standard and high definition.
Knowledge of digital cinematography processes in post production
- Strong knowledge of television systems engineering
- Knowledge of design, documentation and integration of complex broadcast television systems
Skills -- Computer/Storage/Networking/Applications
- Proficient in Apple Final Cut Pro , Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier and Resolve editing systems as well as StorNext, Xsan and Avid Isis SAN environments
- Proficient in Apple OS X client and server operating systems
- Proficient in high performance SAN and NAS storage systems
- Proficient in advanced production applications such as those used for transcoding (Telestream Episode Engine) high speed file transfer (Signiant and Aspera) media asset management (Interplay, Fork and CatDV) graphics (Adobe Creative Suite and VizRT
- Knowledge of LTO systems utilizing Oracle databases (Diva software)
- Knowledge of Microsoft client and server operating systems
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Knowledge of industry standard data security best practices (i.e. ISO27001)
- Knowledge of log monitoring programs
Understanding of Cisco networking, firewall and DCM equipment
- Understanding of IPV4 and IPV6
Skills -- General
- Strong ability to develop and troubleshoot complex production, post-production and delivery workflows
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to express complex concepts verbally and in written documentation
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and motivation
- Ability to maintain knowledge of technology and industry trends
Work in a large television production facility, in a department that supports numerous entities around the organization, across the country. Ability to perform functions under tight time constraints is critical to this position.
A minimum 5 years' experience utilizing the aforementioned skill set in day-to-day support of a production facility producing content for broadcast, digital and emerging media outlets. Primary focus during this work experience should include designing, building, maintenance and troubleshooting of advanced video transcoding, media storage and tapeless video recording systems. Primary support and understanding of MacOS , Linux and Windows operating systems is also required.
Back to top