Assistant Editor/Transcoding Operator (Part-Time)
NFL Media is currently looking for an Assistant Editor/Transcoding Operator. This position will provide operational and technical support for our file transfer department, edit bays and audio rooms throughout the NFL Media Facility. This position will overlap into all file based transcoding workflows, media management and assistant editing responsibilities.
- Doing string-outs in Adobe Premiere CC, and DaVinci Resolve.
- Transferring raw files from hard drives, memory cards and email attachments into our production environment, applying metadata and transcoding file formats as needed. Providing support within our transcoding group by converting video files with industry standard software such as Telestream Episode Engine and various other programs.
- Ability to create and export graphics in After Effects utilizing prebuilt templates.
- Basic understanding and ability to use Adobe Photoshop.
- Quality Control of media files in our content management system. Checking all recorded feeds for technical issues such as audio sync problems and checking the spelling of ingested clips and making corrections as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NFL and College football. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of the NFL including team rosters and league activity. The ability to know the current rosters in the NFL and to be able to spell player’s names accurately is a crucial skill in order to succeed in this role.
- Experience with current post production and graphics software, including Adobe Premiere CC 2015, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro 7, Episode Engine and Plural Eyes.
- Experience with file based transcoding workflows including a strong knowledge of broadcast video formats & codecs.
- Familiarity with current camera technology and their set up and configuration. Ability to work with raw camera media from Sony, Red, Alexa, BMD, XDCAM, Canon C300, DSLR, and Go Pro cameras.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work under deadlines, ability to complete projects in a multi-tasking environment.
Back to top