This position is responsible for a broad range of media-related transactional and advisory work in such areas as broadcasting and cable television, digital and social media and connected devices and technology. Candidates should possess experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting complex media and content-related agreements. This position will have extensive contact with the NFL’s Vice President and Senior Media Counsel, members of the NFL Media group, counterparts at other media companies, and other members of the NFL’s legal team. A successful candidate will possess meaningful experience in various facets of the media and sports/entertainment industries, with a particular focus and interest in issues relating to content distribution and licensing, broadcast and cable television, and digital and social media. A successful candidate also will possess excellent writing and communication skills, a natural ability to work independently and with others, strong negotiation skills and project management capabilities, and an ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- This position will help to provide transactional and advisory support for the NFL Media group in connection with NFL’s domestic and international media businesses. The position will work closely with members of the NFL Media group and other members of the NFL legal team, and will be asked to structure, negotiate, draft and administer a wide variety of media and content-related agreements.
SPECIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong contract drafting experience, with experience in content distribution/licensing and affiliation agreements (traditional pay television and “over the top” offerings) strongly preferred
- Strong negotiation, communication and project management skills
- Broad experience with broadcast/cable television and new media
- Understanding of key business and regulatory trends in the media/technology landscape
- Ability to handle diverse projects simultaneously for multiple stakeholders
- Organization, efficiency and attention to detail
- As necessary
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top