2018 Summer Software Engineering Intern
NFL Summer Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through challenging project assignments, speaker presentations, mentoring relationships, and networking opportunities.
The Digital Media Back End Engineering Group develops API Microservices, Custom Enterprise Applications and Big Data Processing Systems which power a myriad of Fan Features such as Live Game Video Streaming, Fantasy Football and Web/Mobile Apps.
- Be a part of NFL Engineers building out our new GraphQL based API Microservices platform known as Shield.
- Learn and develop new API endpoints
- Learn and write automation test cases
- Learn about CICD and code review processes
- Learn and help design proper database schemas and object models
- Learn and contribute to documentation of the platform
The summer program covers a minimum of 9 weeks, from Monday, June 4, 2018 through Friday, August 3rd, 2018. Please note that some departments may require their interns to work past the official end date. If so, this will be communicated to the applicant during the interview process. Interns will be required to work five (5) full days (approximately 40 hours) per week. Interns will be paid an hourly rate for their work.
Application Details & Deadline:
In addition to submitting your resume and completing your online profile, you will be required to answer the following essay questions:
- How will your participation in this program contribute to your long-term career objectives?
- The NFL's core values are Integrity, Resiliency, Respect, and Responsibility to Team. Please choose one of our values, define it in your own words, and give an example of a time that you have exemplified that value in your educational or professional life.
A completed application constitutes the completion and submission of all relevant fields in the profile, including the program specific questions and résumé. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, January 5, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. No exceptions will be made for those who miss the application deadline.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are not selected, you will receive an email notification. Please do not contact the NFL regarding the status of your application.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top