2017 NFL Summer Internship Program (Legal-Corporate)
The NFL Legal Department supports all of the NFL’s entities by providing counsel on a wide range of legal issues including, without limitation, intellectual property, corporate transactional representation, commercial deal structuring, and litigation management. The department also provides advice and counsel to NFL clubs and proactively develops policies and practices consistent with the NFL’s legal and business standards.
Responsibilities for the legal internship in our Corporate Legal department may include:
- Legal research and writing
- Transactional work and contract review
- Litigation projects and intellectual property matters
- Assisting with trial preparation for litigation
- Assisting with various legal department projects as needed
As a part of the application process, you will also be required to answer the following essay questions:
- How will your participation in this program contribute to your long-term career objectives?
- The NFL’s core values are Integrity, Resiliency, Respect, and Responsibility to Team. Please choose one of our values, define it in your own words, and give an example of a time that you have exemplified that value in your educational or professional life.
The summer program will run from Monday, June 6, 2017 through Friday, August 5, 2017. Please note that some departments may require their interns to work past the official end date. If so, this will be communicated to the applicant during the interview process.
Interns will be required to work five (5) full days (approximately 40 hours) per week. Interns will be paid an hourly rate for their work.
A completed application constitutes the completion and submission of all relevant fields in the profile, including the program specific questions and résumé. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, February 3, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST. No exceptions will be made for those who miss the application deadline.
If you have previously registered on the NFL Career Center, please revise your profile before you apply. There are additional fields specifically required for the program application. Your application will not be considered without that information.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are not selected, you will receive an email notification. Please do not contact the NFL regarding the status of your application.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top