2017 FALL / 2018 Spring NFL Legal Dept Internship
The NFL Legal Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through speaker presentations, mentoring relationships and networking opportunities.
The NFL legal department supports all of the NFL's entities by providing counsel on a wide range of legal issues including, without limitation, intellectual property, corporate transactional representation, commercial deal structuring, and litigation management. The department also provides advice and counsel to NFL clubs and proactively develops policies and practices consistent with the NFL's legal and business standards.
Responsibilities for the legal internship in our Corporate Legal department may include:
- Legal research and writing
- Transactional work and contract review
- Litigation projects and intellectual property matters
- Assisting with trial preparation for litigation
- Assisting with various legal department projects as needed
Required experience and skills:
- Law student in the first or second year
- Candidates should possess strong organizational skills, fine attention to detail and sharp analytical skills.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top