User Experience Designer
Nexus Systems, located in Falls Church, Virginia, is the leading provider of electronic solutions that automate the traditionally cumbersome paper-intensive AP process. Nexus Systems greatly aids financial management by automating the payables process through scanning, electronic approval routing and PO/Invoice management. Nexus' product, NexusPayables, enjoys continued success as a result of its functionality, reporting, user-friendly configurations, and ease of use for clients.
Nexus Systems, LLC is looking to fill an User Experience Designer position. We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also lead the overall design and navigation of our web and mobile solution.
This person needs to be curious, a problem solver at heart, and can help our product team design and develop innovative solutions to solve complex business problems at the user experience level. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter, hands-on developer, with a passion for UX and an understanding of the challenges with delivering extensible, lasting software for a complex business domain.
- Interact with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Facilitate client's product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for SaaS and mobile based software.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Development teams to design and deliver our products
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing SaaS and Mobile solutions.
- Exceptional understanding of UX design trends and principles. A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, and the like is a must.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with responsive design implementation; mobile strategy familiarity
- Experience delivering product in an agile software development and delivery environment
- Experience working with REST API served applications
- Experience with PHP7 or other MVC server-side application
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Meet Some of Nexus's Employees
Vice President of Technology
Sudhanshu ensures that Nexus Systems’ technology and product perspectives are aligned with the overall business strategy of delivering robust, reliable, and scalable client software solutions.
Back to top