Tier II Support Engineer
- Falls Church, VA
Nexus, LLC is looking for great Tier II Support Engineer. As a member of the Support Team, you will be responsible for providing second level support to both end users and internal customers by handling service requests that have been escalated by lower tiers. This role will be responsible for delivering high levels of customer service using backend tools to log and track any requests, issues or questions reported by our customers. Your main goal will be to ensure the effective tracking and resolution of issues escalated to Tier II while providing an excellent client experience. The Tier 2 Support Engineer will also support the implementation team with tasks related to onboarding new customers, configuration changes as well as application and integration troubleshooting.
Nexus Systems is growing rapidly, and we are seeking a highly motivated professional who is eager to grow, learn, and gain new skills in the software industry. Ideal candidates are team-oriented, driven, customer-focused, positive, and committed to excellence.
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Provide outstanding customer service for all inbound inquiries from our customers, both internal and external.
- Actively manage assigned tickets to ensure daily updates are provided to customers and proactive internal follow up is performed.
- Thoroughly document findings, next steps and learnings in tickets. Contribute to team documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Research and resolve difficult and complex problems escalated from cross-functional team members.
- Actively review/monitor application and integration logs.
- Configure and maintain application configurations according to customer needs.
- Support onboarding of new customers by facilitating setup tasks and troubleshooting issues during client UAT.
- Executing database queries upon request to provide information or troubleshoot issues.
- Perform first-level server monitoring and notify your manager of any present server issues.
- Work cross-functionally to:
- collaborate on issue resolution and escalate issues requiring code changes to Tier 3 and/or Professional Services.
- Report application defects to product teams.
- Scheduling technical web work sessions with clients and partners.
- Deliver and perform against position and team performance metrics.
- Mange client-specific support related projects assigned by the support management team.
- Perform additional responsibilities as defined by the support management team.
- Participate in on-call responsibilities during non-business hours, weekends and holidays as requested.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience providing application support for software business applications.
- Advanced SQL knowledge with the ability to write SQL queries and SQL stored procedures.
- Working knowledge and understanding of APIs, ETL and other integration methods
- Working knowledge of common application configuration formats XML, JSON, YAML, DSL.
- Understanding of application authentication and authorization concepts such as SAML, oAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, Kerberos, NTLM, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills with experience in using diagnostic tools.
- Must have s trong written and communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with internal teams, partners and customers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced constantly evolving workplace.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Desired but not required:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Communications, Business Administration, Technology or equivalent education and experience.
- Familiarity with Accounting and/or software support.
- Experience working out of ticketing systems.
Back to top