Nexus Systems, located in Falls Church, Virginia, is the leading provider of electronic solutions that automate the traditionally cumbersome paper-intensive AP process. Nexus Systems greatly aids financial management by automating the payables process through scanning, electronic approval routing and PO/Invoice management. Nexus’ product, NexusPayables, enjoys continued success as a result of its functionality, reporting, user-friendly configurations, and ease of use for clients.
Nexus Systems, LLC is looking to fill a SQL DBA position. The hands on SQL DBA will align with the existing infrastructure team members who are responsible for the support of the organizations and will work on assigned tickets to build, deploy new databases. The SQL DBA will also assist developers with effective schema design in achieving optimum performance. This mission-critical operation requires someone with a strong aptitude and interest in Database Administration, Design, Tuning/Troubleshooting and Configuration.
- Act as the principle point of contact for all database administration, development, maintenance and security
- Configure and maintain database servers in a clustered environment, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis
- Collect, review and analyze system data for capacity and planning purposes and recommend the appropriate course of action
- Participate in database design reviews; troubleshoot database defects and deploy timely fixes; maintain regular and proactive database patches, updates and performance enhancements
- Manage and improvise our deployment process
- Delivering high quality customer service to employees
- Work with our IT staff to support user when they are experiencing technical difficulties with the software
- Build out solutions to help our developers and quality assurance be more efficient
- 5+ years’ experience in a Microsoft SQL Database Administration in a virtual environment
- Experience with SQL programming language such as T-SQL, including SQL queries, stored procedures and views
- Experience with reporting and analytical tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Experience with enterprise level database design, administration, engineering duties including sizing, installing, administering and optimizing.
- Experienced in building and managing clusters, replica sets, indexes, monitoring health and performance
- Experience with web-enabled enterprise applications, protocols and standards
- Understanding database modelling, designing schemas for OLTP & OLAP databases will be a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
Meet Some of Nexus's Employees
Vice President of Technology
Sudhanshu ensures that Nexus Systems’ technology and product perspectives are aligned with the overall business strategy of delivering robust, reliable, and scalable client software solutions.
Back to top