Service Desk Technician
Nexus Systems, located in Falls Church, Virginia, is the leading provider of electronic solutions that automate the traditionally cumbersome paper-intensive AP process. Nexus Systems greatly aids financial management by automating the payables process through scanning, electronic approval routing and PO/Invoice management. Nexus’ product, NexusPayables, enjoys continued success as a result of its functionality, reporting, user-friendly configurations, and ease of use for clients.
Nexus Systems, Inc. is looking to fill a Service Desk Technician position. As a member of the Client Services help desk team, this person will be responsible for providing client support as well as product support. This position ensures the effective tracking of issues from initial report to final resolution to obtain positive client experiences. The Service Desk Technician will also assist implementation managers with site configuration and other project management tasks as necessary.
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Maintaining customer satisfaction in every step of the service delivery
Responding to client support request tickets, calls, and emails:
- Assigning ticket severity
- Updating service work notes
- Prioritizing work to resolve complex support client issues
- Establishing a high level of personal credibility and building strong relationships
- Maintaining ownership of service tickets throughout the life span of the support request
- Collaborating with other Nexus Systems staff and vendor support resources to resolve requests
- Participating in ongoing personal training and attainment of technical certifications
- Ensuring the security of all configurations made on client systems
- Providing updates, status, and completion information to management
Document client systems issues in accordance with client service level agreements (SLAs)
- Troubleshoot client issues and respond to client issues in accordance with SLAs
- Assist and support Client Services’ implementation managers by performing tasks related to the set up, configuration and testing of client application sites
- Analyze requests to identify recurring and/or system problems and communicate with appropriate staff to facilitate resolution
- Participate in on-call responsibilities during non business hours, weekends and holidays as requested
- Input product defect and enhancement requests into Ticket Tracker
- Quality Assurance testing of new product releases
- Support and update both written and online help documentation
- Provide input to process improvement and assessment of existing system and processes
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- You must have strong troubleshooting and support skills. Stellar communication and customer service skills are essential for this role. You must have the technical skills necessary to support, troubleshoot, and set up client networks and equipment. We are seeking a highly motivated professional who is eager to grow, learn, and gain new skills.
- Qualified candidates are highly organized and have superior analytical problem solving abilities. Ideal candidates are team-oriented, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, positive, and committed to excellence. You must be able to work with key personnel across multiple departments to build a shared vision for solutions, and you must possess the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience in a software help desk environment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Communications, Business Administration, Technology or equivalent education and experience.
- Accounting familiarity and/or software support experience desired
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies preferred but not required
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Back to top