Senior Software Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Nexus technology team is growing and has an additional software engineer opening. The senior software engineer will work individually or within a team to design and build complex systems with an emphasis on performance, scalability, security, and high-reliability. The incumbent will write code, unit tests, integration tests, review code, attend Scrum meetings. The engineer will assist in deployment, operation, and supporting the systems in production (only tier 3 support). S/he will partner with product managers, collaborate with developers, development managers, architects, and operations to deliver state-of-the-art products to our customers. You must have a passion for technology, software, and architecture to succeed in this role.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development is a MUST!
- Expert knowledge with SQL and NoSQL databases (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc)
- Expert knowledge in Software Development in Web, APIs (REST, or GrahpQL) using.NET Core
- Experience working in an Agile team, writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, TDD, continuous integration and code reviews
- Good knowledge of GIT best practices such as code branching, merging, releases, CI and experience using tools like Jira, BitBucket, Jenkins
- Experience designing and building large scale distributed Microservices architecture based on 12-factor app guidance
- Experience creating Docker images and orchestrating containers using Kubernetes.
- BS degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with AWS services such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, EKS, EC2, IAM, RDS, S3, API Gateway, and CloudFormation
- Unit testing experience is a must, TDD is a plus (MSTest, NUnit, Jest, Jasmin, etc.)
- Containerization and container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud-native, Serverless architectures experience
- Good knowledge of authentication and authorization standards oAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML 2.0 and any of the following services AAD, AWS Cognito, Ping Identity, Okta, or Auth0
- Mobile development experience is desirable (preferably React Native)
- Knowledge of DevOps practices (IaC, Kubernetes, Chef, Cloud Formation)
- Knowledge of BigData, and ML is nice to have
- Good knowledge of web servers, application servers, DNS, networking, routing, monitoring, SSL certificates, ...etc.
- Experience working with Elastic Stack (ELK), write queries, and setup dashboards
- Experience with APM tools such as New Relic, AppDynamic, Elastic APM
- Cloud-native, Serverless architectures experience.
- Salary plus bonus commensurate with experience and ability
- Unlimited PTO, comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) with company match
- Great company culture - four company-sponsored culture events each year
- Paid gym membership (Washington, DC Metro Area Only)
Note: We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time. We are seeking full-time, permanent employees and are not pursuing a third party C2C engagement.
Back to top