Jr. Systems Admin
Jr. System Admin
Nexus Systems, located in Falls Church, Virginia, is the leading provider of electronic solutions that automate the traditionally cumbersome paper-intensive AP process. Nexus Systems greatly aids financial management by automating the payables process through scanning, electronic approval routing and PO/Invoice management. Nexus' product, NexusPayables, enjoys continued success as a result of its functionality, reporting, user-friendly configurations, and ease of use for clients.
Nexus Systems, LLC is looking to fill a Jr. System Admin position. The Jr. System Admin plays an integral role in the overall internal networking processes by improving, troubleshooting and optimizing Nexus Systems computer network.
- Primary Tier 1 end user on-site in Falls Church VA and remote support
- Ordering, installation, maintenance and upgrades of desktop computers and supporting software as well as routine network and server administration
- Assist with image builds for use on Windows Desktops, Servers and mobile devices
- Works with Human Resources, the Business Units and Security to On-board new employees, create accounts, and order hardware and computer peripheral
- Support accurate tracking of all incoming and outgoing IT assets
Assist in departmental projects to provide higher quality service Delivering high quality customer service to employees
- Documents system problems and resolution for future reference
- Maintains technical documentation related to the configuration of components (i.e. hardware, operating system, applications, management tools, etc.) including installation and troubleshooting instructions for each
- Use the company's help desk ticketing system in responding to work;
Planning & managing equipment moves to new offices and setting up work spaces Works directly with Sr. system administration and engineering-level personnel to ensure stability of network, servers and telecommunications systems
- Associate's degree with 1-2 years of related experience
- Hands-on support experience with desktop support technologies including Windows 7, Windows 8, MS Outlook and Active Directory, Microsoft software applications, and Symantec Ghost
- Knowledge of the general aspects of networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, and IP Addressing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and other general applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift and store 30-50 pound packages
- Project management, ITIL Foundation v3, A+, Network+, CCENT, MTA, or MCP experience is a plus
- VMWare, Powershell and Scripting Experience a Plus
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Meet Some of Nexus's Employees
Vice President of Technology
Sudhanshu ensures that Nexus Systems’ technology and product perspectives are aligned with the overall business strategy of delivering robust, reliable, and scalable client software solutions.
Back to top