Director of Software Development & Integrations
Nexus is the leading provider of Accounts Payable (AP) and Payments Automation software for the Real Estate industry. Our procure-to-pay solution takes a 360-degree view of customer and supplier needs, addressing pain points unique to Real Estate. By putting people at the forefront of automation, our product suite offers more than efficiency, control, and insight—it makes it easier to maintain the relationships at the heart of business. When people connect, technology works.
Nexus is looking for a strong leader for an exciting Director level position on our Technology & Integrations team. This position has primary accountability for the Software Development organization at Nexus. The successful candidate is responsible for tactical and strategic decision-making to allow the Software Development organization to achieve long-term goals that support company business strategies. Various responsibilities include oversight of design, development and implementation of production-ready applications that are delivered on-schedule; planning and execution of software development; directing and managing the Nexus technical integrations team; ensuring the delivery of high-quality products that meet business requirements; resource management; project planning and estimation; issue escalation; training; production support.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in software development with at least 3 years managing a development team.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server SQL 2008 R2, SQL 2012, SQL 2016, Oracle, SQL query-writing, analysis, multi-table joins, etc., and stored procedures
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS, and cloud based solutions
- Experience with Restful Microservices, Webservices, SOAP
- Knowledge-of, and experience working-in any of the following operating system environments: Unix, Windows Server, Linux
- Experience with data-driven Web sites and/or applications.
The person filling this position has the following responsibilities:
- Promote use of industry-standard software development methodology and best practices
- Support development of re-useable code base and APIs for rapid development and application integration
- Management of Development Team, Integrations Team, and Senior Developers (Performance Management, Vacations and Schedules)
- Manage and direct outsourced resources employed by Nexus
- Track change requests and defects, and implement corrective actions
- Enforce company procedures regarding source control, documentation, versioning, quality assurance and testing
- Provide cost/benefit analysis for product alterations, technology improvements and architectural changes
- Coordinate production of technical design for new enhancements, features and modules
- Work with the Products team and business/commercial to schedule and deploy regular releases
- Perform code review with developers
- Sign-off on technical design for product enhancements
- Assist Team Leads in providing realistic timelines for deliverables
- Implement process changes and improvements as needed
- Delegate projects to Senior Application developers
- Contribute as a technical resource as required
- Work with the executive team to stay abreast of the wider, global technology landscape
- Will be intimately familiar with the different challenges of developing and implementing web-based software products
- Player-coach with the ability to dive into technical details, architecture and hands-on management of all development activities
- Provide weekly time-reporting to management team
- Experience in FinTech a bonus
Back to top