Director of Product Development
Nexus Systems, located in Falls Church, Virginia, is the leading provider of electronic solutions that automate the traditionally cumbersome paper-intensive AP process. Nexus Systems greatly aids financial management by automating the payables process through scanning, electronic approval routing and PO/Invoice management. Nexus’ product, NexusPayables, enjoys continued success as a result of its functionality, reporting, user-friendly configurations, and ease of use for clients.
Nexus Systems, LLC is looking to fill a Director of Product Development position. The Director of Product Development will deliver the product vision, as well as the day to day design of the roadmap. This person will help build a world class team of product managers and user experience designers and will create a culture of mentorship and growth. The role will embrace modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery and development to continue the process of building the best products and user experiences.
- Develop and continuously communicate the product vision/roadmap based on strategic direction determined by the Executive Team
- Define and implement the Product Management organizational structures and associated processes for the implementation of strategy, product ideation, product prioritization, planning, production and release of product offerings
- Product lifecycle management from concept to deployment, increasing profitability and setting of success goals for each product/product line
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements
- Aggressively identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new product features on an on-going basis. Maintain product and market knowledge and trends.
- Best practice research and benchmarking. Work closely with engineering to rapidly design, validate and build software
- Act as a product evangelist both internally and externally
- Build a product management culture that balances product intuition, design inspiration, market insight, and data validation for creating delightful experiences
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Agile
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), transparent in style
- Solid experience of launching successful SaaS products and B2B applications
- SDLC product management experience at leading software providers in the software development space
- Proven success defining technical product features and driving cradle-to-grave feature execution
- A passion for listening to customers and for revenue and growth while delivering world-class user experience
- Analytical mindset and love for software
- Ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas with demonstrated strong capabilities in communicating and interfacing between Sales, Marketing and Engineering
- Knowledge of APIs
- Ability to teach, mentor, and develop rising talent within the Product Development team
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Meet Some of Nexus's Employees
Vice President of Technology
Sudhanshu ensures that Nexus Systems’ technology and product perspectives are aligned with the overall business strategy of delivering robust, reliable, and scalable client software solutions.
Back to top