- Falls Church, VA
Nexus is the leading Procure to Pay platform (P2P) for the Real Estate industry. Our P2P solution takes a 360-degree view of customer and supplier needs, addressing pain points unique to Real Estate. By putting people at the forefront of automation, our product suite offers more than efficiency, control, and insight-it makes it easier to maintain the relationships at the heart of business. When people connect, technology works.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join our expanding team and support the requirements accompanied by the organization's rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have a strong competency in operational accounting, payroll, audit and tax compliance, and SaaS revenue recognition. This position will be integral to the growth of the company by improving financial disciplines to increase efficiency and accuracy in monthly closing process. Accounting Manager will report to the Vice President, Finance and work closely with the CFO.
The Finance team offers a dynamic environment with opportunities for increased responsibilities through ever-changing projects and priorities. Through hands-on training, mentoring, and continued education, Nexus ensures the success of its team members. With a willingness to learn, passion for understanding, and a "roll-up-the-sleeves" attitude to meet department/interdepartmental needs, candidates will become trusted partners within the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the full accounting process end to end , c oordinating the monthly close process, which includes responsibility for accurate, efficient, and timely finalization of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results
- Review and approve all customer invoices - Work with billing team to ensure accuracy
- Analyze monthly revenue recognition to ensure compliance with 606 revenue standards Implement processes and controls to better improve efficiency and accuracy
- Manage AP review process and approval workflow using AP automation software
- Ensure controls are in place to enforce company policies around invoice approvals and expense reimbursements
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations, journal entries, schedules assuring accuracy and maintenance of appropriate controls
- Drive the business requirements and change management of implementing and maintaining new processes and tools in Netsuite
- Continually look for ways to help the team get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible
- Manage workload allocation and direct completion of team assignments in conformance with applicable policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the operations teams, advocating best practices and pitching in when it's all hands-on deck
- Move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company's business objectives
- Recruit and train a professional staff, communicate strategic initiatives, administer work expectations and regulations, and provide ongoing employee development
- Identify, create and measure process and control improvements that automate or outsource manual work, consolidate custom processes, and scale with the company's rapid growth
- Identify and implement process improvements in the department and GL system by researching and assessing established standardized work-flow procedures and policies
- Lead payroll process and calculations within ADP. Prepare summary worksheets for leadership to review and approve.
- Work closely with HR Manager on payroll changes and issues
- Stay current on accounting statements and pronouncements, and provide interpretation on their applicability to the company and related impacts
- Act as a key liaison for the external audit. Assist in implementation of audit recommendations
- Respond to various routine and "ad hoc" information requests from operations
- Analyze various accounting issues and implement proper accounting methods in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (including new pronouncements)
- Assist with special projects on an as needed basis.
Required Work Experience
- Experience managing the entire financial close process
- Experience managing the sales and use tax filing and compliance process. Experience with Avalara preferred.
- Familiarity with ERP and CRM technologies. Experience with Netsuite and SalesForce preferred
- Management experience required
- Direct experience running payroll process, ADP experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented and patient - willing to take time to ensure accuracy
Education, Experience, and Skills
- B.S. in Finance or Accounting required
- 5+ years of Accounting or other relevant experience
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure and changing priorities
- Experience preparing for and being key liaison on annual 3rd party financial audit
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience.
Back to top