Solution Engineer - East Coast
The Solution Engineering role is to assist in the sales pursuit by providing high level consultation of customer requirements, customer needs and most importantly how all of those relay into the Nextiva solution. This individual will work hand in hand with the sales team to ensure that all team members are aware of the design requirements as well as participate as a technical liaison to the sales teams. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for introducing solutions to the customer that they may not be aware of and will be an intricate factor in customer upsell.
- Executing thorough discovery of customer requirements and participation in direct sales interactions via calls, webinars and onsite visits; play an instrumental role in the customer facing component of the sale
- Supporting sales in the sales process and providing all technical resources needed in the presale process
- Developing use cases for customer needs as well as contributing to the knowledge base for engineering
- Participating in engineering work groups regarding custom work or custom requests
- Coordinating and working collaboratively with sales and professional services teams
- Developing third party relationships with vendors including keeping track of new information and sharing that with your team
- Presenting the Nextiva solution in conjunction with customer predefined requirements
- Developing comprehensive documentation in the statement of work that will be utilized in the post-sale process.
- Ensuring the solution will work for the customer through demonstration and also through proof of concept or trial deployments
- Participating and completing learning modules on new features, industry trends, and other work development related topics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years’ experience in either technical engineering or technical sales
- A proven track record with maintaining a quota
- 3+ years’ experience in public speaking/presenting to audiences with 3-300+ participants
- Working experience in IP, SIP, and VOIP
- Ability to be a team player. Experience working in a team selling environment preferred
- Basic understanding of LAN/ WAN technologies. Intermediate to advanced understanding preferred
- Basic understanding of SaaS, UCaaS, and CCaaS solutions.
- Ability to present technically complex solutions to varying levels of technical and non-technical audiences using virtual and in person methodologies.
- Current understanding of industry standards. Competitive insight is a plus
- An accomplished track record of working with all levels customers ie. C- Level Executives, IT business professional, technical contacts as well as end users.
- Must have strong skills in the following: communication, presentations, organization / time management and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is preferred
- Working knowledge of CRM software (preferably Salesforce), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Up to 50% travel required
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Back to top