Senior Unified Communications (UCaaS) Engineer
Nextiva is looking for a Senior UC Engineer (UCaaS) that is well versed in VoIP and next generation unified communications architecture of BroadSoft BroadWorks. This role requires a high degree of experience in all aspects including maintenance, troubleshooting, cross-team collaboration, consulting, installation, scaling, architecture, capacity planning, and integration of multi-vendor technologies. The candidate must have in-depth experiencing troubleshooting SIP related call flow issues, a deep understanding core backend feature sets, redundancy, media anchoring, and routing and translations. The candidate must be self-driven, highly motivated, have a sharp eye and attention for detail, responds quickly when needed, a has sound decision making skills.
Primary Job Functions:
- Architecture, design, capacity planning, and growth strategies of core and multi-vendor solutions
- Integration, testing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance and upgrades of all core telephony and Unified Communications technologies in multi-regional geo redundant architecture
- Lead role in the integration of multivendor technologies and solutions
- Build, maintain, and promote strong technical documentation
- Normal business hours and after hours/on call responsibilities
- Technical liaison to product development, engineering, support, and executive level staff
- Tier 4 support for Tier 1, 2, and 3: including On-Boarding, Sales Engineering, and Development
- At least 7+ years’ experience in geo-redundant architecture, deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting of BroadSoft BroadWorks technologies (R19 SP1 or higher)
- o BroadSoft Certified Network Engineer – Professional and or Specialist preferred
- Advanced knowledge in SIP messaging including isolation of issue to core, SBC, carrier, and or customer premise
- Strong knowledge of Unified Communications including WebRTC, Collaborate, soft clients (UC-One), architecture, and 3rd party integration
- Strong understanding of OCI-P and XSI-Actions/Events as it pertains to provisioning, 3rd party integrations, and client interactions.
- Strong scripting language knowledge, preferably shell, Perl, SQL, and Python/PHP.
- Good understanding of Linux administration and virtualized environments
- Versed in database administration enough to quantify data, create reports, and as a general tool for troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of network engineering including SIP NAT traversal and firewall
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems, identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Able to work in a team environment and with a diverse group.
- Able to mentor junior engineers and provide guidance and oversight on projects
Back to top