Senior Unified Communications (UCaaS) Engineer
Primary Job Functions:
- Architecture, design, capacity planning, and growth strategies of core and multi-vendor solutions
- Integration, testing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance and upgrades of all core telephony and Unified Communications technologies in multi-regional geo redundant architecture
- Lead role in the integration of multivendor technologies and solutions
- Build, maintain, and promote strong technical documentation
- Normal business hours and after hours/on call responsibilities
- Technical liaison to product development, engineering, support, and executive level staff
- Tier 4 support for Tier 1, 2, and 3: including On-Boarding, Sales Engineering, and Development
- At least 7+ years’ experience in geo-redundant architecture, deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting of BroadSoft BroadWorks technologies (R19 SP1 or higher)
- o BroadSoft Certified Network Engineer – Professional and or Specialist preferred
- Advanced knowledge in SIP messaging including isolation of issue to core, SBC, carrier, and or customer premise
- Strong knowledge of Unified Communications including WebRTC, Collaborate, soft clients (UC-One), architecture, and 3rd party integration
- Strong understanding of OCI-P and XSI-Actions/Events as it pertains to provisioning, 3rd party integrations, and client interactions.
- Strong scripting language knowledge, preferably shell, Perl, SQL, and Python/PHP.
- Good understanding of Linux administration and virtualized environments
- Versed in database administration enough to quantify data, create reports, and as a general tool for troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of network engineering including SIP NAT traversal and firewall
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems, identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Able to work in a team environment and with a diverse group.
- Able to mentor junior engineers and provide guidance and oversight on projects
See Inside the Office of Nextiva
Nextiva acquired its first customer in 2008—and the company has been exceeding expectations for cloud-based business solutions ever since. Today, the more than 500-strong team is still excited about revolutionizing business communications and simplifying UCaaS. That mission seems to be working, since the company is regularly recognized for its fast growth and exceptional workplace.
Back to top