Senior Unified Communications Engineer
Summary: Nextiva is looking for a Sr. UC Engineer (UCaaS) that is well versed in VoIP and next generation unified communications architecture of BroadSoft BroadWorks. This role requires a high degree of experience in all aspects including maintenance, troubleshooting, cross-team collaboration, consulting, installation, scaling, architecture, capacity planning, and integration of multi-vendor technologies. The candidate must have in-depth experiencing troubleshooting SIP related call flow issues, a deep understanding core backend feature sets, redundancy, media anchoring, and routing and translations. The candidate must be self-driven, highly motivated, have a sharp eye and attention for detail, responds quickly when needed, a has sound decision making skills.
Primary Job Functions:
· Architecture, design, capacity planning, and growth strategies of core and multivendor solutions
· Integration, testing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance and upgrades of all core telephony
and Unified Communications technologies in multi-regional geo redundant architecture
· Lead role in the integration of multivendor technologies and solutions
· Build, maintain, and promote strong technical documentation
· Normal business hours and after hours/on call responsibilities
· Technical liaison to product development, engineering, support, and executive level staff
· Tier 4 support for Tier 1, 2, and 3: including On-Boarding, Sales Engineering, and Development
At least 7+ years’ experience in geo-redundant architecture, deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting of BroadSoft BroadWorks technologies (R19 SP1 or higher)
BroadSoft Certified Network Engineer – Professional and or Specialist preferred
· Advanced knowledge in SIP messaging including isolation of issue to core, SBC, carrier, and or
· Strong knowledge of Unified Communications including WebRTC, Collaborate, soft clients (UC-
One), architecture, and 3rd party integration
· Strong understanding of OCI-P and XSI-Actions/Events as it pertains to provisioning, 3rd party
integrations, and client interactions.
· Strong scripting language knowledge, preferably shell, Perl, SQL, and Python/PHP.
· Good understanding of Linux administration and virtualized environments
· Versed in database administration enough to quantify data, create reports, and as a general tool
· Solid understanding of network engineering including SIP NAT traversal and firewall
· Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems, identifying problems in advance, and
· Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
· Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
· Able to work in a team environment and with a diverse group.
· Able to mentor junior engineers and provide guidance and oversight on projects
Back to top