Senior Software Engineer - Python
FIVE PLUS YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
Be a big part of a small team creating class-leading web based business communication tools to aid small to medium sized businesses (including ourselves, we eat our own dog food).
What We Do
- Use the latest technology and processes to build distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant software systems that power our business communication offerings
- Take a customer-focused approach in working with our product team to prioritize and
- estimate new features and improvements
- Research and evaluate new technologies and methodologies to improve the quality, reliability, and performance of our software systems
- Mentor team members and lead by example
Technologies We Use
While we at Nextiva strive to be generalists, knowledge of some of the following technologies would be a plus:
Skills you’ve already mastered….
- You must have a proven track record of shipping quality products to customers
- You will be pushing the company forward via new technology, methodologies, and processes, evolving our culture to stay ahead of the curve, so you must have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong drive
- You will spend most of your time writing code, so you must want to spend the bulk of your time coding, not diagramming, meeting, planning, or strategizing
- You must know how to write effective tests, make reasonable estimates, and fulfill requirements in idiomatic code that meets standards for correctness and elegance
- You will be involved with every part of the stack – you should know how they work together and what role everything from the Linux kernel to the Python application framework play in the delivery of the product and how to investigate, troubleshoot, maintain and monitor them
- You will be working closely with a small team, so you must be able to work and communicate effectively with both teammates and stakeholders
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a direct hire, salaried, full-time position.
Nextiva - Why Work For Us?
Because at Nextiva, our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their toughest challenges. We simplify the way businesses communicate. We acquired our first customer in 2008, and today over 100,000 businesses across the United States use Nextiva. Our team consists of over 500 talented people that embrace Amazing Service. Technological innovation and our team are our competitive edge. We don't study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; we define the industry's direction. We have revolutionized the way businesses communicate, and we will continue to do so. We work with passion and take our business seriously. We also aim to cultivate an environment of having fun while accomplishing our goals. Our culture is both professional and playful, and this approach plays a key role in our daily successes. Our culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and each other. We are passionate about Nextiva’s unique culture, and of course are looking for like-minded individuals that share our values and vision.
We offer our employees a casual and upbeat work environment along with:
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K program
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Game Lounge
- Quarterly team building events
- Catered food and snacks
- Carpool program
- Employee referral program
- Employee wellness program
Back to top