Senior Front End Developer (React.js)
Here's a bit more about the Front End Developer position:
Be a big part of a small team creating class-leading web based business communication tools to aid small to medium sized businesses (including ourselves, we eat our own dog food).
What We Do
- Use the latest technology and processes to build distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant software systems that power our business communication offerings
- Take a customer-focused approach in working with our product team to prioritize and
- estimate new features and improvements
- Research and evaluate new technologies and methodologies to improve the quality, reliability, and performance of our software systems
- Mentor team members and lead by example
- Experience building a complex web UI
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS
- Good understanding of AJAX and partial page updates
- Experience using distributed version control, git preferred
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- You must have a proven track record of shipping quality products to customers
- You will be pushing the company forward via new technology, methodologies, and processes, evolving our culture to stay ahead of the curve, so you must have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong drive
- You will spend most of your time writing code, so you must want to spend the bulk of your time coding, not diagramming, meeting, planning, or strategizing
- You will be working closely with a small team, so you must be able to work and communicate effectively with both teammates and stakeholders
Technologies We Use
While we at Nextiva strive to be generalists, knowledge of some of the following technologies
would be a plus:
Nextiva - Why Work For Us?
Because at Nextiva, our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their toughest challenges. We simplify the way businesses communicate. We acquired our first customer in 2008, and today over 120,000 businesses across the United States use Nextiva. Our team consists of over 400 talented people that embrace Amazing Service. Technological innovation and our team are our competitive edge. We don't study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; we define the industry's direction. We have revolutionized the way businesses communicate, and we will continue to do so. We work with passion and take our business seriously. We also aim to cultivate an environment of having fun while accomplishing our goals. Our culture is both professional and playful, and this approach plays a key role in our daily successes. Our culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and each other. We are passionate about Nextiva's unique culture, and of course are looking for like-minded individuals that share our values and vision.
We offer our employees a casual and upbeat work environment along with an extensive benefits package that includes:
- 15 days of PTO and 7 paid holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K program
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Monthly team building events and activities
- Free Food - Catered lunches every Friday!
Meet Some of Nextiva's Employees
Senior Sales Manager
Blair oversees a team of account executives and helps motivate them to hit goals without compromising customer relationships. He also helps spread the word about Nextiva through demos.
Back to top