QA Analyst I
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on simple to complex implementations.
- The QA Analyst works collaboratively within the IT department and business units to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Perform testing on various software applications.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Work with senior members of the team to learn about best practices and writing better test cases.
- Be involved in the development of test plans for complex projects
- Review test results and participate in defect management processes as needed
- Evaluate and analyze quality metrics, providing feedback to developers, system architects and subject matter experts
- Document issues found during testing and work with the development team to resolve software issues
- Contribute in thorough regression testing.
- 1-2 years of minimum related technical experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- SDLC and Agile principles and methodologies
- Overall 1-2 years of QA technical experience.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Must have basic SQL skills
- Experience with manual test case development and documentation helpful
- Strong oral and written communications skills with Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time is required
- 1-2+ years of experience in testing software applications.
- Basic SQL skills.
- Test Case Management tools: ex: TestRail
- Atlassian products and integrations: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Understanding and Experience in WebServices (REST,SOAP)
- Mac OS experience / comfortable with UNIX commands
Meet Some of Nextiva's Employees
Michael collaborates with a small team of data scientists to incorporate natural language processing into Nextiva’s products so customers using the tools benefit from smarter computers.
Back to top