The ideal Product Owner will liaison closely with Business stakeholders, Product & Project Managers, and Development teams, to coordinate, prioritize, and communicate on-going status to deliver on business needs. The Product Owner should have strong leadership skills, passionate about technology and have a strong customer focus.
The Product Owner will be responsible for identifying and managing product requirements, prioritizing engineering teams work on features and bugs, and supporting feature launch and rollout processes.
Product Owners are holding the vision that will be executed by the Scrum team. As a Product Owner you will be responsible for capturing product ideas from relevant stakeholders, converting them into fully researched and fleshed out features, working with the engineering team during backlog refinement sessions to translate those features into user stories, and validating the feature before the release. You will have the ability to shape the future of our products through your insights, analysis and ability to define, communicate and realize a vision.
Product Owners should have an understanding of how their product fits into the overall vision of the entire product line. Share ideas amongst other product owners as well as have a deep understanding of component driven development and design.
- Be the voice of the customer, motivate product development teams by providing clear goals and user cases driving the incremental value that can be delivered to our customers
- Works with the Product Manager and other senior stakeholders to understand the business needs and product goals.
- Review and manage the products vision, storyboards, user workflows, communicate updates to Services, Delivery, Support and other stakeholders
- Creates and maintains the technical product roadmap in partnership with the Product Manager and other stakeholders.
- Negotiates work with the team during the sprint planning meetings, always considering the teams established velocity.
- Define feature requests via roadmap. Conduct necessary research, capture use cases and value that will be delivered to the end-user when the feature is complete
- Work with the Engineering, Design and User Experience teams to provide detailed guidance and prioritization during the product development process in an agile environment
- Assist the product engineering Scrum team during regular ceremonies: feature review, backlog refinement, sprint plans and demos by being the voice of the customer and communicating the value behind each product and prioritization decision
- Remains available to the team to answer questions and deliver direction regarding acceptance criteria, customer needs, and work priorities.
- Conduct user acceptance testing on features and bug fixes before they are released, ensuring the high quality of products that are being delivered to customers
- Support the sales and marketing teams through a deep understanding of the products capabilities and the needs they fulfill for our customers and prospects
- Analyze product and feature performance through the use of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Communicate to Leadership, Customer Success, Support and other stakeholders rollout plans, feature details and bug status updates
- Outlines work in the product backlog to maintain a steady flow of available work for scrum teams to consume.
- The ability to work on one or multiple teams at one time.
- Have a continuous understand of the competitor feature sets and understanding of the marketplace.
- In-depth knowledge of software development methods, specifically Scrum and Behavior-Driven Development techniques.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and excellent planning and organizing skills.
- 2-3 years experience working in an agile environment as a Product Owner or Product Manager.
- High energy, can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded. Ability to solve complex problems in an organized way.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, including the ability to anticipate likely outcomes and assess risks Experience leading an agile development team or experience as an agile team member.
- Experience generating user requirements for applications within an agile environment.
- Ability to build productive customer relationships and collaborative internal relationships.
- Excellent communication, partnering, and influencing skills.
- 3+ years of software product experience, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Proactively seek learning opportunities and apply learned skills to the job.
- Generate different and novel ways to deal with work problems/opportunities.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition.
- Comfortable working closely with Engineering and experience with Agile development teams.
- Superior English communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership.
- Experience working with an international team.
Nextiva - Why Work For Us?
Fun, passionate, and driven, our team has revolutionized the cloud communications industry by delivering innovative products and Amazing Service. This culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and each other. We aim to create a space where we can have fun while crushing our goals.
We do amazing things to help over 100,000 businesses solve their toughest communications challenges, and were looking for like-minded people to join our team of nearly 500. Between free food, themed culture days, and team activities, each week is a new adventure. Come be a part of it!
2013-2016 GetVoip - Voted #1 Communications Provider
2014-2016 Voted a Top Company to Work for in Arizona
2011-2015 Phoenix Business Journal - Voted a "Best Place to Work"
2014-2015 Deloitte's Tech Fast 500 List - Fastest-growing tech company in Arizona, fastest-growing telecommunications company in the U.S
Back to top