Nextiva – Why Work For Us?
Because at Nextiva, our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their toughest challenges. We simplify the way businesses communicate. We acquired our first customer in 2008, and today over 100,000 businesses across the United States use Nextiva. Our team consists of over 500 talented people that embrace Amazing Service. Technological innovation and our team are our competitive edge. We don’t study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; we define the industry’s direction. We have revolutionized the way businesses communicate, and we will continue to do so. We work with passion and take our business seriously. We also aim to cultivate an environment of having fun while accomplishing our goals. Our culture is both professional and playful, and this approach plays a key role in our daily successes. Our culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and each other. We are passionate about Nextiva’s unique culture, and of course are looking for like-minded individuals that share our values and vision.
A Day in the Life of the Network Engineer:
- Responsible for assessing customers current network configuration and providing recommendations to improve design and functionality as it relates to Nextiva VOIP.
- Develop Router, Firewall, and Switch templates and sample configurations for multiple device vendors including Cisco, Juniper, Sonicwall, and Watchguard.
- Implement, maintain, and troubleshoot data and multi-tenanted MPLS networks.
- Mentor other Nextiva employees as it relates to network design and standards.
- Some travel to customer sites to preform site assessments or installations.
Skills you’ve mastered:
- At least 5 years’ experience in firewall security, routing, and switching in an enterprise environment.
- Cisco Certification in network technologies – CCNA required or CCNP preferred
- Advanced knowledge of network security, policies, and procedures
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco routers, switches, security devices, and supporting components.
- Proficiency working with ACLs, TCP/IP, VLANs, IP Multicast, routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP), and switching.
- Working knowledge of DHCP Protocol and DNS.
- Port Mirroring/SPAN Technologies including traffic analysis with Wireshark.
- Knowledge of IPVPN, VPLS, Point to Point connections and technologies.
- Experience with SIP endpoints, RTP traffic Flows, VOIP Technologies
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems, identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Able to work in a team environment and with a diverse group.
- Must be in the Phoenix area, no relocations at this time.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a direct hire, salaried, full-time position.
We offer our employees a casual and upbeat work environment along with:
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K program
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Game Lounge
- Quarterly team building events
- Catered food and snacks
- Carpool program
- Employee referral program
- Employee wellness program
Meet Some of Nextiva's Employees
Analyst Relations Manager
Kristen networks with industry analysts, thought leaders, and media professionals to build relationships that enable Nextiva to educate others about its place in innovation in the industry.
Back to top