Marketing Manager, Data & Insights Analytics
The Marketing Data & Analytics Leader will be responsible for collection, transformation and analysis of marketing data from “cookie to loyal customer.”
You will be charged with championing optimizations across the organization that lead to stronger close rates in our sales channels. A successful individual will be able to bring a consumer-centric mindset to our business and be able to transfer customer data insights into operational business opportunities.
Leading with a sophisticated data-driven approach, you will collect the data, analyze and report on core marketing channels; paid leads, paid ads, affiliates, organic SEO, website conversions, chat and email.
Technically, you will roll up your sleeves; extracting unstructured and structured data, running transforms and loading the data into a customer data platform. You will also be an expert in taking business requirements and creating marketer “friendly” views of complex data.
The Marketing Data & Analytics Leader will drive several critical business processes:
Are we optimizing our people & program spend within each of these marketing channels?
Are we able to identity contacts across the many channels they choose to engage with us?
Which mix of channel touch points has optimal conversion from prospect to lead to opportunity and ultimately loyal customer?
Which content works best within each channel to support a successful customer journey from prospect to loyal customer?
- You will assist in developing strategic recommendations for program roll-outs and evolution based on market research, data and financial analysis.
- You will have a high degree of individual responsibility and will be expected to become the marketing data and insights expert, develop analysis independently and drive analysis to strategic recommendations.
- Develop and provide analysis to identify strategic trends and actionable customer insights based on a clear understanding of business objectives.
- You will take technical content and communicate it in an effective and compelling manner to internal and external audiences.
- Independently, and in coordination with other team members, carry out projects involving market research, data mining, analysis, and reporting of marketing campaigns, enrollment, dis-enrollment using statistical programming and databases.
- Design and build queries, analysis and reporting projects from scratch.
- As the Marketing Insights and Analytics Leader you will continuously recommend new and better ways to use customer insights with data to improve business by formatting results into clean visual PowerPoint presentations that focus on actionable business intelligence, and into required data formats to support optimizing paid & organic tactics to support a buying journey from cookie to loyal customer.
- This position may have offshore direct reports to assist with data tasks HOWEVER it is expected that you have a very strong foundation of data skills.
- 5+ years database management preferably both structured and unstructured data including; ETL processes and creating user friendly ‘views’ and visualizations of data.
- Data modelling and database design
- Design, develop and implement database systems based on customer requirements.
- Optimize database systems for performance efficiency.
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects.
- Perform space management and capacity planning for database systems.
- Develop database tables and dictionaries.
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases.
- Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- 5+ years business analysis experience; preferably in the marketing field within the technology/SAAS vertical.
- Previous experience problem solving in a highly analytical environment analyzing small to large data sets.
- Proven Ability to manage a complete life cycle of a marketing project form data pulls, marketing and quantitative analysis, report write up, to executive leadership presentations.
- Proven ability to logically structure complex quantitative analysis with little oversight.
Back to top