Manager, User Experience (UX) Research
- Scottsdale, AZ
The Manager of User Experience Research works primarily with the Product team to help conceive and validate the next generation of Nextiva’s products and services. The successful candidate will be an influential leader and will have the opportunity to work cross functionally with marketing, engineering and product leaders in order to achieve company-wide objectives.
This is a new role for Nextiva and the successful candidate will help shape and define the User Research organization moving forward. Developing processes and approaches that mesh well with the needs of the product team as a whole, you will design and deliver impactful research that guides our work and brings the voice of the user to all we do.
About the Job
· Working under the CX and Design organization, the Research Manager Partners with the Product, Marketing, Services and Support teams to create design solutions for our products based on customer data
· Design, organize and moderate usability studies of mockups, prototypes and live products both virtually and in Scottsdale AZ, as well as ethnographic studies potentially in remote locations.
· Conduct surveys of new, current and past customers; identify and explore product-related opportunities for improvement
· Be comfortable creating a research strategy using your own methodology and executing on it independent of tactics that we may require
· Review product analytics regularly and identify opportunities for UX Design improvements while taking into consideration broader product and company business strategy.
· Partner with Customer Support and onboarding teams to identify, prioritize and address user experience related issues
· Manage research budget and reporting functions
· Manage direct reports as necessary
· Create and maintain dashboards and other reporting systems to keep the company up to date on results
· Evangelize the benefits of research driven design across the entire organization, and provide educational content and training to ensure the company maximizes the value of the data
· Be a mentor to others on the team and advocate new research approaches that increase the team’s capabilities
What You Need
· 15+ years of relevant Research, Analytics or Insights experience
· 5+ years’ experience in detailed data analysis
· 3+ years leading and managing a team
· Strong business acumen and collaborative skills
· Deep understanding of current quantitative and qualitative user centered design methodologies, modeling, analytics, and what method to apply to best answer the business objective
· Ability to blend both quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback into the product design process
· Strong influencing skills to help shape solutions and approaches among product teams to drive change and increase metrics
· Proven track record in understanding and presenting data and success metrics to a diverse range of business functions including marketing, product, operations, sales, and execs
· Strong communicator, presentation skills, exhibits strong work ethic and good judgment
· Technical and design knowledge for developing and deploying reporting tools
· Curious and creative; enjoy complex issues and problem solving
· Ability to facilitate the rapid iterative design process
· Mobile and device-related experience
Back to top