Manager, Software Engineering (Chat/SMS)
Be part of a team creating industry leading, software as a service, business communication tools to aid small to medium sized businesses.
At Nextiva our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their toughest challenges. We simplify the way businesses communicate. We acquired our first customer in 2008, and today over 100,000 businesses across the United States use Nextiva. Our team consists of over 500 talented people that embrace Amazing Service. Technological innovation and our team are our competitive edge. We don't study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; we define the industry's direction. We have revolutionized the way businesses communicate, and we will continue to do so. We work with passion and take our business seriously. We also aim to cultivate an environment of having fun while accomplishing our goals. Our culture is both professional and playful, and this approach plays a key role in our daily successes. Our culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and each other. We are passionate about Nextiva’s unique culture, and of course are looking for like-minded individuals that share our values and vision.
NextOS is a single, unified platform to seamlessly manage customer communication from multiple channels, including Voice, Email, Chat, and SMS. It provides powerful tools such as the Service CRM for Customer Relationship Management, the Rules Engine for creating and managing complex business rules, and Analytics and Surveys to proactively manage customer sentiment. The single unified platform enables seamless horizontal integration and makes it simple to implement individual or multiple applications as needed.
· Collaborate with various product team members to help define product specifications and deliverables
· Lead team to productive technical decisions, taking an active, in-the-code approach to their implementation
· Organize and lead your team to meet product roadmaps and commitments
· Coordinate work with other teams in order to deliver a unified feature set across our applications
· Resolve conflicts and dependencies blocking team delivery
· Facilitate development and knowledge sharing processes, personal growth within the team
· Work with the team to continually improve processes and policies in order to deliver high-quality software quickly
· Help attract and retain a team of highly skilled engineers, direct and evaluate their work, and provide feedback and guidance to ensure they are productive and continually improving
· Reports to the Director of Software Engineering, Scottsdale
· 2+ years of managing commercial software development
· 4+ years of commercial software development in a technical capacity
· Experience leading software development teams using agile processes, and practical knowledge of agile methodologies and associated software such as JIRA
· Practical experience in all parts of the SDLC for business-critical applications, including planning, development, and ongoing support
· Expert in open source web technologies, from the application layer (Python, Erlang, Java), to the database layer (Postgres/PostgreSQL, Redis, Mongo), and everything in between (RabbitMQ, API Gateways, Nginx, etc.)
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Experience leading geographically diverse teams
Back to top