Experience Architect (XA)
The Experience Architect reports to the Manager of Interaction Design and is responsible for authoring, planning and designing the experience architecture deliverables. As a member interaction design team, the XA collaborates with visual designers, UX researchers, software engineering and product managers to design highly useful, usable and engaging software. He/she uses a variety of interaction and digital design skills to design, prototype, test and specify the interaction design for Nextiva Software.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative and versatile individual with experience designing intuitive workflows with other visual designers and UX researcher. He/she is an expert in usability/accessibility science, information architecture, is fluent in omni-channel interaction design approaches (desktop, web and mobile), and can translate functional objectives into interaction design prototypes and prepare detailed design specifications. Our ideal XA lives and breathes the “science of usability (the “left brain” of experience design), but has the ”right-brain” imagination, curiosity and artistry to bring to life truly innovative interaction designs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand product requirements and create information architectures and interactive wireframe concepts
- Collaborate with UX Researchers, visual designers, developers, and Product Managers to create highly innovative and usable interaction designs for the NextOS platform of products
- Assure usability and accessibility of your designs
- Conduct usability testing with the research team
- Create detailed design specifications for interactions
- Develop appropriate UX content and demonstrate excellent UX writing skills
- Consistently demonstrate innovative thinking and stay abreast of the latest thought leadership, tools and techniques
- Assure cohesiveness with the Next OS brand and contribute as a positive corporate citizen to the Next UI design system
- Bachelor's degree in Experience design, HCI, interaction design, information architecture or related field
- UX certifications or advanced degree are a plus
- Has 5+ years of experience designing compelling experiences for software
- A design portfolio showcasing your work
- Meticulous/attention to detail in the design and execution of consistent, compelling and usable interfaces across a platform of products
- Knowledge of Accessibility standards and how to apply them
- Has high capacity to deliver designs in a timely manner
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
- Mobile platform design experience
- Familiarity with the agile software development process is strongly preferred
- Experience with service design, AI, IOT and other non-visual interaction designs
- Adobe CS5 and XD
- Visio/Lucid Charts, Omnigraffl
- Wireframing software like Axure, Balsamiq
- HTML, CSS
Nextiva - Why Work For Us?
Because at Nextiva, our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their toughest challenges. We simplify the way businesses communicate. We acquired our first customer in 2008, and today over 100,000 businesses across the United States use Nextiva. Our team consists of over 500 talented people that embrace Amazing Service. Technological innovation and our team are our competitive edge. We don't study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; we define the industry's direction. We have revolutionized the way businesses communicate, and we will continue to do so. We work with passion and take our business seriously. We also aim to cultivate an environment of having fun while accomplishing our goals. Our culture is both professional and playful, and this approach plays a key role in our daily successes. Our culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and each other. We are passionate about Nextiva’s unique culture, and of course are looking for like-minded individuals that share our values and vision.
Back to top