Customer Systems Engineering Manager
We're looking for a strong leader to head up our Customer Systems Engineering team. This will be a hands-on leader, inspiring the team with Amazing Service. Customer Systems Engineering is the team that handles any and all system level and customer issues. These are typically issues that require working with our vendors who provide the elements of our infrastructure, more complex carrier issues, our development teams, and other customer facing platform challenges. Since Customer Engineering is a component of the Nextiva Infrastructure Team, their training and experience administering the components of our platform and network enables them to go directly to the source to get quick and permanent resolutions to issues. This team will also be responsible for interoperability testing of any new devices, or SaaS products Nextiva will be selling or utilizing. Work may be required during scheduled maintenance windows, which typically occur after normal operating hours.
- Analyze needs and make recommendations for future infrastructure improvements.
- Development and definition of detailed specifications for hardware and software.
- Interface with vendors to define requirements for equipment and software.
- Work with internal and external teams to implement solutions for network security.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain Oracle and Sonus session border controllers.
- Perform interoperability testing on SIP phones and SIP access devices.
- Create and edit configuration file templates for supported SIP enabled devices.
- Work in the Broadworks soft-switch environment to make system-level updates and perform maintenance.
- Coordinate with hardware and software vendors to report bugs and solve issues.
- Troubleshoot service degradations.
- Assist Tier 2 Support with escalated issues.
- Resolve database discrepancies, verify bugs, and hand off to Development.
- Serve as a resource and SME on complex scenarios and service problems.
- Managing day-to-day operations and personnel.
- Setting priority of projects and tasks.
- Providing constructive feedback in the form of one-on-one coaching.
- Report progress and/or obstacles to Manager of IT Operations and CIO.
- 5+ years working in a hosted voice platform, preferably Broadsoft
- Comfortable with SIP PBX configurations across varied manufacturers
- Experience with SIP and TDM signaling and best practices
- Understanding of the function of SBCs in a hosted soft-switch environment
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- SIP Phone configuration files
- Proficiency in Linux, Nginx, Splunk, Atlassian Jira, Rally
- Cursory knowledge of Python
- Oracle and Sonus SBCs certifications are a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Meet Some of Nextiva's Employees
Senior Sales Manager
Blair oversees a team of account executives and helps motivate them to hit goals without compromising customer relationships. He also helps spread the word about Nextiva through demos.
Back to top