- Maintain System of Accounts: Oversee the maintenance of company books and records on all transactions and assets. Develop internal controls to safeguard company information.
- Prepare Monthly Financial Reports: Prepare, verify and disseminate financial reports including financial statements and key financial analysis as necessary and appropriate for management, the board of directors, project management, and outside agencies.
- Analyze and Interpret Financial Information: Utilize statistical accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and effectiveness of the organization.
- Lead Financial Planning and Decision Making:Coordinate and direct budgeting, investment activities and financial planning, including providing oversight in the development of financial analysis to complement accounting information and support decision making by management
- Maintain Compliance with Debt Agreements: Maintain relationship with and produce required reporting for third-party debt financing provider and monitor debt levels and compliance with covenants.
- Oversee and Manage Annual Audit Process, GAAP review and Tax Return Filings: Ensure processes are fully coordinated, anticipated, and managed in order to maximize the efficiency and ultimate outcomes of these annual requirements.
- Comply with Legal Requirements: Understand and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions.
- Establish and Maintain Accounting and Finance Policies and Procedures: Create and enforce the execution of accounting processes and controls, including cash and credit management, and the ongoing coordination with management and employees.
- Develop and Maintain Sales and Use Tax Procedures: Create and implement the processes related to managing Sales and Use Tax issues from the estimating stage through to the payment process.
- Manage, Lead and Mentor Accounting and Finance Staff: Be accountable for leading, developing and maintaining an effective accounting team to deliver required services to support the organization. Manage the employment activities of team members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, coaching, compensation, discipline and termination.
- Ensure Accuracy, Timeliness and Confidentiality: Participate in timely closing processes, performing reviews of expenses to ensure the financial statements are accurate and complete, and that operations are protected by keeping financial information and plans confidential when appropriate.
- Provide Excellent Internal and External Customer Service: Deliver an excellent customer service experience by consistently demonstrating company’s performance standards each and every day. These performance standards include: Attitude, Responsiveness, Communication, Privacy, Teamwork and Accountability.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Financial/Accounting Management role
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Major
- CPA preferred
- ERP implementation experience, experience working with Intacct ERP preferred
- Proven ability to build, lead and manage a team of 8-10 employees
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions and integrations a plus
- Demonstrated track record of inspiring, coaching and developing staff
- Solid understanding of GAAP, financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, budgeting, federal regulation on taxes and reporting, and corporate debt agreements
- Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative, handling and prioritizing multiple competing assignments and effectively managing deadlines
- Strong accounting systems and Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate financial information into sound business language
- Willing to travel as needed
Meet Some of Nextiva's Employees
Michael collaborates with a small team of data scientists to incorporate natural language processing into Nextiva’s products so customers using the tools benefit from smarter computers.
Back to top