Contract Recruiter - Nextiva
Nextiva is growing, and with that growth comes adding more amazing individuals to our HR & Talent Acquisition team! This Contract Recruiter has a clear understanding of Nextiva's big picture and vision, while also having a firm grasp on the essentials of sourcing and HR best practices. Being the go-getter they are, they enjoy reaching out to the most qualified software engineers, channel sales managers, and VoIP professionals in the industry. They are comfortable reaching out to potential candidates in regards to their professional skills and the career opportunities at Nextiva. Their ability to leverage their professional network, build relationships interdepartmentally and externally, as well as match talent with the career opportunities they seek is what will make them successful in this role.
A day in the life of the Contract Recruiter:
- Identifying candidates and generate pipeline, both active and passive, for approved and intended openings
- Proactively sourcing and recruiting for all roles by handling initial research, pro-actively phone screening, and sharing recruiting notes with staffing team members
- Understand and deliver on the importance of sourcing passive candidates
- Partner with recruiting, human resources and hiring managers to generate ideas, leverage resources, and share information that facilitates an effective high volume and high quality search process under very tight timelines
- Identify potential candidates through the use of intricate Boolean searches, user groups, candidate referrals, networking, and web sourcing
- Partner with the recruiters and coordinator to ensure a smooth candidate experience for every candidate that engages with our company
- Understanding of shifting business needs with the ability to change priorities with ease
- Ability to determine the applicant requirements by studying the job descriptions and job qualifications
- Sharp analytical skills to review resumes and compare qualifications to job requirements
- Maintain effective relationships with social and professional networks to source qualified candidates
- Work closely with Hiring Managers to schedule and follow up on candidate selection to maximize efficiency of recruiting process.
- Track and reports key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity
- Maintain career opportunities section on applicable web sites.
- Assists in management of applicant tracking system.
- Extends offers of employment following company procedures.
- Ensures regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment process are compliant with federal and state legislation.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Attends job fairs, open houses, and college events to support recruitment efforts.
- Act as the liaison with employment agencies and job boards. Preparation and liaison with advertising agencies, processing and checking advertising agency billings.
- Promote employee referral program by engaging with existing employee base and following up on referrals within 48 hours.
- With the assistance of the Human Resources Director, conducts new employee orientation as well as all annual education requirements.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as requested.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills you've mastered:
- 1-3 years of staffing agency experience or recruitment experience for IT, software engineering, network engineering, VOIP, technical support, and channel sales.
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, third party resume databases, LinkedIn and other sourcing technologies.
- Actively engages on social media and other networking opportunities
- Ability in understanding the marketplace and managing a large quantity of candidates on availability, interest level, salary range, and basic qualifications.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp Nextiva's mission and convey that knowledge to potential candidates.
- Boolean master and experience with other competitive analysis tools.
- Team player with a high sense of urgency to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience with recruiting all levels of positions from Entry Level to C-Suite.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, phone skills, interviewing skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills and professionalism required.
- Results-driven and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Habit of great documentation and management of applicant tracking systems.
- Demonstrate skills and abilities with market penetration in the sales and technology environment.
Skills you might have or aspire to achieve:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Linkedin Certified Professional Recruiter preferred
Nextiva - Why Work For Us?
Because at Nextiva, our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their toughest challenges. We simplify the way businesses communicate. We acquired our first customer in 2008, and today over 100,000 businesses across the United States use Nextiva. Our team consists of over 300 talented people that embrace Amazing Service. Technological innovation and our team are our competitive edge. We don't study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; we define the industry's direction. We have revolutionized the way businesses communicate, and we will continue to do so.
We work with passion and take our business seriously. We also aim to cultivate an environment of having fun while accomplishing our goals. Our culture is both professional and playful, and this approach plays a key role in our daily successes. Our culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and each other. We are passionate about Nextiva's unique culture, and of course are looking for like-minded individuals that share our values and vision.
We offer our employees a casual and upbeat work environment along with:
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K program
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Game Lounge
- Quarterly team building events
- Catered food and snacks
- Carpool program
- Employee referral program
- Employee wellness program
Meet Some of Nextiva's Employees
Michael collaborates with a small team of data scientists to incorporate natural language processing into Nextiva’s products so customers using the tools benefit from smarter computers.
Back to top