Channel Sales Manager (Remote)
Nextiva is seeking a Channel Sales Manager to join our organization. Channel Sales Managers win, maintain, educate, and expand relationships with their channel partners. Channel Managers are responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives in the hosted communications and collaboration market. Channel Sales Managers represent the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners though may focus on a specific solution or product set if focused in a partner vertical market. Channel Sales Managers must exhibit several key abilities, including, but not limited to: background selling solutions based technology solutions (preferably in the hosted VoIP space), effective channel recruitment strategies, conducting in-person sales calls, and having a history of educating channel partners to achieve success.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in partner accounts.
- Ability to recruit, educate, and nurture their own channel partners to achieve success.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, technical and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in their own partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
- Proactively recruits new qualifying partners.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in channel partner recruitment and management, with a telecommunications product.
- Extensive network of channel partners within the assigned territory.
- Documented success of bring on new channel partners to an organization.
- Proof of quota attainment and meeting performance objectives.
- Advanced understanding of telecommunications industry and VOIP technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to exercise assertiveness to influence others so as to create desired sales results.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong organization skills; superior attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to follow directions from a remote manager/leader.
- Ability to work the required hours of the position.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, at times on short notice.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills.
Back to top