Nextiva - Why Work For Us?
Nextiva simplifies the way businesses communicate. We acquired our first customer in 2008, and today over 100,000 businesses across the United States use Nextiva. Our team consists of over 500 talented people that embrace Amazing Service. Technological innovation and our team are our competitive edge. We don't study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; we define the industry's direction. We have revolutionized the way businesses communicate, and we will continue to do so. We work with passion and take our business seriously. We also aim to cultivate an environment of having fun while accomplishing our goals. Our culture is both professional and playful, and this approach plays a key role in our daily successes. Our culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and each other. We are passionate about Nextiva's unique culture, and of course are looking for likeminded individuals that share our values and vision.
Channel Manager Position Description:
Nextiva is seeking a Channel Sales Manager to join our organization in Dallas, Texas. Channel Sales Managers win, maintain, educate, and expand relationships with their channel partners. Channel Managers are responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives in the hosted communications and collaboration market. Channel Sales Managers represent the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners though may focus on a specific solution or product set if focused in a partner vertical market. Channel Sales Managers must exhibit several key abilities, including, but not limited to: background selling solutions based technology solutions (preferably in the hosted VoIP space), effective channel recruitment strategies, conducting in-person sales calls, and having a history of educating channel partners to achieve success.
Channel Manager Position Responsibilities:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in partner accounts.
- Ability to recruit, educate, and nurture their own channel partners to achieve success.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, technical and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners' expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in their own partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
- Proactively recruits new qualifying partners.
Channel Manager Accountability and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned monthly sales quota in designated partner accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Completes partner account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Maintains partner monthly recurring growth month over month.
Channel Manager Position Requirements:
- Minimum of five year's experience in channel partner recruitment and management, with a telecommunications product.
- Extensive network of channel partners within the assigned territory.
- Documented success of bring on new channel partners to an organization.
- Proof of quota attainment and meeting performance objectives.
- Advanced understanding of telecommunications industry and VOIP technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to exercise assertiveness to influence others so as to create desired sales results.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong organization skills; superior attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to follow directions from a remote manager/leader.
- Ability to work the required hours of the position.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, at times on short notice.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills.
Meet Some of Nextiva's Employees
Senior Sales Manager
Blair oversees a team of account executives and helps motivate them to hit goals without compromising customer relationships. He also helps spread the word about Nextiva through demos.
Back to top