This position's primary role is to provide administrative support to the functioning of the Operations Team. The position provides primary administrative support to the Leadership and Managers and the activities they oversee. The administrative duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to contracting for and organizing meetings, calendar and travel management, editing and formatting official documents, clerical and administrative tasks in support of special projects and events. These administrative duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with sales on contract renewals,
- Compiling and preparing material for the Nextiva website,
- Formatting and distribution of meeting agendas and other documents,
- Electronic and paper file maintenance,
- Processing expense claims and tracking department costs,
- General administrative tasks.
The position requires a person who is confident, proactive and professional, highly organized, exercises initiative, able to work with minimal supervision, has a keen attention to detail and quality and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The administrative assistant will provide cross-functional support during periods of heavier activity. This requires the person to be able to work well in a team environment and provide support to other administrative assistants or managers during "down time" or when other Nextiva projects require assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include those set out below. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Prepare, edit and format documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Basic research, data compilation and database maintenance for projects and documents.
- Maintain specified data and information and relay changes to other functional areas, as appropriate.
- Manage meeting arrangements, registration of meeting participants, meeting facilities and catering.
- Provide administrative support in preparation for meetings, conferences and other events, including compiling, formatting, posting and distributing materials, receiving, assisting in the preparation of presentations and developing and maintaining files.
- Set up and clearing of meeting facilities within Nextiva offices for committee and related meetings.
- Provide backup support for other administrative staff, as required.
- Assist in distribution of documents to member organizations and other stakeholders.
- Participate in special ad-hoc projects as requested such as internet-based research and editing of technical reports and other papers.
- At least 1 year of related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Internet browsers.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Work requires continual self-review and attention to detail and quality in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to make decisions, exercise sound judgment and use initiative.
- Effective listening skills.
- Experience of working with international employees will be an advantage.
Meet Some of Nextiva's Employees
Michael collaborates with a small team of data scientists to incorporate natural language processing into Nextiva’s products so customers using the tools benefit from smarter computers.
Back to top